Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011

unable to find XMP option in BIOS of GA-P55-USB3 motherboard

I have purchased the new GA-P55-USB3 motherboard with an Intel Core i5 750 processor. And I also buy 2 x 2GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 RAM with it. Then I flashed out the BIOS to the F8. My RAM is running at the 1333 but I want to run it at higher speed than that. Then I make search on the web for that and I get the option to set the XMP file but I did not find this type of profile on my system. Can anyone give me some help to solve my problem. Please help me.
Old 04-08-2011

re: unable to find XMP option in BIOS of GA-P55-USB3 motherboard

I read your problem but I cannot give you some exact solution for because you don?t give the proper configuration of your system. There is not compulsory that you have the XMP profile to do your work. I think you don?t have that system memory in your computer. Bet don?t worry you can also configure your setting by yourself also means that you can done that manually. This will give you same result. I think this will help you solve your problem.
Old 04-08-2011

As per my knowledge I know that every system has the XMP profile but you sat\y that you don?t have that. Please try to see it in the BIOS carefully. The XMP setting attached with this option in the BIOS. If it doesnt seen there then you don?t have in your memory. Then you can try to see in the CPU-Z in the SPD tab in that you can see which option are available in your system. So there you can solve the problem by doing the changes manually. Hope this will work for you.
Old 04-08-2011

You said that you don?t have any option of XMP profile. I also faced the same problem before. You can see in MemSet SPD windows that ram has no XMP programed. Then you should try all the 4.00x multipliers and then try to set Static tRead Value manually 10-12 for both channels and MCH Core 1.2-1.26v, DRAM Voltage as per ram specs. You did not mentioned the full detting of your BIOS. That?s why I can?t give you the exact solution. But I think the given solution may work for you. Thank you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,