Thread: how to set up the BIOS in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard

how to set up the BIOS in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard

Hi I am the new user of the computer system. i have purchased the new system two days ago. And I assembled that perfectly. Here I am giving you my configuration
    • PhenomIIx6 1100t
    • Ga-990fxa-ud5 motherboard
    • Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz
    • Gigabyte gtx-580 graphics card
    • WD1002FEAX 1TB hdd
    • LG DVD/RW
    • Win7 64 bit OS
    • Bliss 1000W Gaming PSU

Actually I don’t know how to set up the BIOS of the system. but I can assembled the parts myself. I want some configuration as follows: WD HDD as as a main drive and then I want to add 2 TB HDD for better use. I want to know that, is there any need to load the RAID drivers or not? And I also need to know how to setup the DVD/RW on the motherboard. Can anyone there who can help me to solve this problem? Please help me.

re: how to set up the BIOS in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard

I can give you suggestion for your problem. But you did not give the proper information. You should mention that if you want to use RAID array for the storage drive then you need to load the RAID drivers. And if you want to use the RAID drivers as the separate drives then there is no need to install RAID drivers. I don’t have enough idea about how to set the BIOS so sorry for that. You can get the information for that on any gigabyte authenticated site. Hope this will give you some information to solve your problem.

You did not mention that what BIOS you have so I cant get the actual problem. But I can give you some basic information about that. First you have to install all the HDD using BIOS on your system. then you have to reboot your system and you see the Blue screen of BIOS. then you need to change the setting in that according to your preference. Means which drive you want as a primary device and all that. You can use the various BIOS for your system. like F3 BIOS or F5b bios etc. I think this can give you better idea to solve your problem.

Here I am giving you some tips to install the BIOS and how to set the details. First you need to turn on your computer or you can restart if it is already on. Then wait for sometime you will see the message “Entering Setup”. This process is not same in on the system. there are various methods of key combination to enter the BIOS. You can choose right one for your system. then you will see the BIOS access message. I am giving you some general way to enter setup. press [key] to Enter the setup OR setup:[key] OR enter BIOS by pressing [key] OR press [key] to enter BIOS setup. You have to choose the one of them. By pressing those keys you can easily enter the BIOS setup. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem.

Before setting the BIOS in your system you should know what is the BIOS and why it is required in your system. here I am giving you some information regarding to that. The BIOS is also known as Basic Input Output System. which is an essential set of routine in the computer system. the BIOS is stored on the chip which is on the motherboard. The main function of BIOS is to act as intermediary between a computer's hardware and its operating system. without BIOS you (means operating system) cannot communicate with the hardware of the system. hope this will give you some proper idea about BIOS.

If you want to set up the BIOS then you should know when to press which key at the time of booting. Some of the computer system display a flashing block to indicate when to press the particular keys like F1 or F2. You can press the F2 option to set up the BIOS. If you are new user of the computer then you can try to pressing and holding one or more keys on your keyboard. And you can see that your system found the stuck key error which can allow you to enter the setup BIOS. After that you can set up the CMOS setup which you can get in the manual. Hope this will provide you more help. Thank you.

Re: how to set up the BIOS in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard

There are so many methods are available by the use of which you can enter your BIOS into the system. I can give you some of the key combination to solve your problem. This can provide help to set up the BIOS. The shortcuts are as follows:
    • CTRL + ALT + ESC
    • CTRL + ALT + INS
    • CTRL + ALT + ENTER
    • CTRL + ALT + S
    • PAGE UP KEY
    • PAGE DOWN KEY
    I think in this way you can set up the BIOS of your system. the different computer system uses different key combination. you can use that suite your system. this might be helpful to you.