Thread: how to Enable Dual Channel Memory in freeze Windows 7 of GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard

how to Enable Dual Channel Memory in freeze Windows 7 of GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard

I have purchased the new GA-790FXTA-UD5 board for my system. but I faced some problem in using that. I can’t understand the problem or reason of that problem. The actual problem is that my system encountered Windows 7 64 bit is freezing. I can’t get any solution therefore go to web and search for the solution. I get the information that by enabling the dual channel mode I can rectify my problem. My system has the memory as : Corsair XMS CMX8GX3M4B1333C9. I also don’t know how to unable the dual channel mode. Can anyone help me out for solving this problem. My driver is 11.6, for the Sapphire 6870 Vapor X and I also check the power scheme it also balanced. I cannot get the idea to get rid of it. Please help me.

re: how to Enable Dual Channel Memory in freeze Windows 7 of GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard

According to your description I come to know that you have the latest BIOS. You can download the latest drivers from Gigabyte authenticated site. Where you can get the support for your system. You did not give the proper configuration of your system so I cannot get the proper idea to solve your problem. If you are a user of 4 sticks then your system will be running in Dual channel mode. Suppose you have only 2 sticks then you should configure them as per the manual which you get with the Dual channel mode. You can see that the module should be in the slots DDR3_1 & DDR3_2 or in DDR3_3 & DDR3_4.but in case you have only one stick then you cannot run the dual channel mode with your RAM. I think this can give you better idea to solve the problem.

re: how to Enable Dual Channel Memory in freeze Windows 7 of GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard

Sometime this kind of problem found if you are running the “Green HDD” which causes the freezing issue for your system. Because sometime the drives takes time to spin when they are using by other drivers. first you should not made any changes to the BIOS setting for the RAM or CPU. Also don’t try to alter the voltage setting. You should check out the Power setting if it is windows or any other software which can act as Catalyst Control centre. You will see after 20 minutes that some items are being powered down. I think this can help you to solve your problem. Thank you.

I read your problem and I come to know you have some motherboard related problem. Here I am giving you some advice to you. You can go through the relevant setting which is under the power management of the operating system of Windows 7. Then you should change the setting as "Turn of Hard Disks never” and “turn off monitor never”. Also you should check power setting for PCI express and change the Link Power Management to Off. Then you have to check out also that the setting should not being overridden under Catalyst Control Centre. i have this much of information which may helpful to you.

The energy saving feature is already found in the most of the system like Windows 7 and other lot of programs. This also create some problem if they are not disabled and this is the most probably reason for this kind of problem. First check that the windows 7 freezes for short time and then again works fine then this problem may be related to hardware also. In this situation you have only one option that is you should boot the system and if the problem still persist then you have to replace your hardware which includes RAM. This can fix your error.

I can give you other solution that is mem testing. The mem testing you can do form online also. For that you should go to the memtest authenticated site which is easily available on the web. It comes as a ISO on the CD and you can run it from CD/DVD drive. In this way you can lowers the intensity of the issue. You can also use the same cd of ISO for creating USB version. The simplest way is burn the ISO CD and run it on the CD/DVD drive. This can useful to you if you are not familiar with the running installing software from the USB like pendrive.

Re: how to Enable Dual Channel Memory in freeze Windows 7 of GA-790FXTA-UD5 motherboard

I want to give you some suggestion for this problem. I don’t know everything about the driver agent utility because I am not familiar with that software. But I can say about that it is very useful to hold a record of your previous set up which you can see in processor like 945 but under disconnected device. You cannot swap your CPU when you are running with the existing windows installation. You can clear your CMOS by swapping the CPU or adding the RAM to your system. hope this can help you more.