Thread: Unable to boot GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard

Unable to boot GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard

Recently I have purchased a new 990 FXA UD3 motherboard with XFX 6950 Nvidia graphics card. Previously I had GTX 460 graphic card but I have replaced it with the current XFX 6950. I am having a hard disk of 500 GB and a RAM of 4 GB. I have all this installed in NZXT Phantom mid tower case with a coolermaster V8. Well this was my systems configuration. The problem I am facing is that whenever I try to switch on my system it doesn’t get switch on. The power led turns on just for a fraction of seconds and goes off again. My system doesn’t boot at all. What do I do? Kindly give me some suggestions on this.

Re: Unable to boot GA 990 FXA UD3 motherboard

Well to me it doesn’t seem to be a major problem. I would ask you to make sure that all the cable wires are properly connected. It could be that one or more wire would be not tight enough. That could be the reason that the power is not supplied properly may be from the main socket into the CPU. You need to also make sure that the connection of the components and the chassis are proper.

I would recommend you to go for greater PSU. I am sure this booting problem is at least not related to software failure. Check the connections properly and if you have done with the checking and nothing happens then the next thing I would ask you to test if the power supply is working or not. You can get a power supply tester online or at some computer stores such as frys. They are $10 or less for the tester.

What type of sockets and cables are you using? Check whether they are fine or not. If you don’t find power supply tester then I think you should take your system to the hardware shop. If your components are in warranty period then you will be getting some discounts on the repair or else you will have to pay the full repairing money. If they ask you to upgrade few components then I would say go for it.

I think you should check the wall outlet for power by connecting some device such as a radio or lamp to be sure that the power is present. If the computer is connected through a surge protector then check that also. If the wall has power then check the power cable which is going to the PC just to see whether AC voltage is making its way to the system unit. You can try doing this with the use of a multimeter.

The problem could be with the power button. As you mentioned in the post the system starts and goes off after pressing the on button. I think you should go to the hard ware shop and get it changed. It won’t cost you much but little for sure. If it’s in the warranty period then you don’t need to pay anything. Call the customer support and ask them for the guidance.

You should try connecting different Power Cord to the PSU. My friend had the same issue. He just changed the power cord and his problem was solved. I would also say you to try the same thing. It could also be that the power supply that you are getting at your home is not quite sufficient and that is why this problem is coming to you. I hope your issue gets solved early. Thank you