Thread: Intel Z68 system with SSD for caching

Intel Z68 system with SSD for caching

I have a conservative scenario for building a system based on Z68 and then a couple of steps in the use of it. I'm thinking of using the Intel SSD 311. Is there any fault should be aware of when adding a SSD with cache time (months?) After starting to use the system? Should I wait for the system to be faster or slower (after the SSD disk cache installed) than it would have been if I had presently bought the SSD disk cache and installed during initial construction?

Re: Intel Z68 system with SSD for caching

I just created a system with SSD Z68 exact caching. Works like a champ. Anyway, I think just going to purge old cache as cache space is needed a new one. Therefore, over time, all the information you have stored in cache is gone and be replaced by their things. Not notice any difference in using that if they had gotten a whole new SSD.

Probably for the ASUS-V-Pro P8Z68 chipset, I'm pretty sure it's Bjorn-3D. They ran a battery of banks on a hard drive and a cheap mainstreamed 20 GB SSD that was only the minimum cache size ISRT. Check out the graphics. There is a short learning curve for caching which basically looks like a learning curve as it advances the performance of the hard drive, only to the performance level of the SSD.

Assume you bought a Veloci-Raptor SATA-III for use with a good performance SSD SATA-III? It would have a steep learning curve, but only approach the performance of the SSD a little closer. While you can cache a series SSD-RAID, a single integrated unit or WD VelociRaptor. You can choose a cache SATA-II (two) Samsung F3 instead of the current generation models. Despite this performance improvement to approach simple benchmarks the SSD.

In fact, the creation of later should not be a problem at all and should not affect the performance gains at all either. It is clear that programs have to load at the speed of hard disk the first time before they are cached and benefit of the SSD, but that applies regardless of when installing. All you have to be careful with what is absolutely certain that the hard drive is setting things in the BIOS is configured for RAID before installing Windows would not otherwise be able to connect an SSD later without a reinstall.

Technically, if you put the disk in now or later, no matter what your initial caching after installing Windows because it works by caching through the installed software after installing Windows so if you 5 minutes after you install windows or 5 months will not really change things (though not defragment the hard disk cache as before if it is only 5 months so it is very well optimized and cannot remember if there was a consensus as to whether defragmentation while cache is running is a problem or not).

It will not be a problem of the entire cache of what the change programs is the same as when the cache is the first installation of new programs open at speeds HDD then get faster. So basically yes, if you want to configure your system as a whole and then attach a cache down the track no problem with that is actually something that the technology was designed for (which allowed people throwing old systems to speed SSD).