Thread: On my Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev: 2.0, my array is corrupted by RAID controller, help

On my Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev: 2.0, my array is corrupted by RAID controller, help

Hello friends, I have the following system configuration:
    Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev: 2.0
    AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE
    2x WD7501AALS in RAID 1
    BIOS is set to optimum defaults.
    My system was good and running but suddenly it get restarted, at that I try to reboot he system. It get rebooted and windows installed update, there was an error with the drive detection, I try to detect the drive, system is trying to detect the drive but never find completed. Then I opened the cabinet and found that one of the drives is running pretty hot. Then I unplug the bad one and restart, system detects my array and shows healthy. Then I try to start the OS, and found that it is giving error that is DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. I want to get back the drives, can anyone suggest me how to do this?

Re: On my Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev: 2.0, my array is corrupted by RAID controller, help

The message "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER", comes when there is change in the HDD BOOT Priority configuration, especially when the Operating system is installed and working properly. If you are going to remove the HDD then BIOS will get confuse and will give this type of message. I will suggest you to try to change the BOOT priority or to press the F12 key when you are changing the drive.

Re: On my Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Rev: 2.0, my array is corrupted by RAID controller, help

I was also having the same problem, after solving this problem , I got a small assist, recollecting that Win7 has no RAID drivers, I stacked the last and checked the volume catalogue (Disk part catalogue volume) It indicates the USB volumes (E:-H after my framework volume at I, and the alternate 2 at J and K. I just have 2 alternatives on boot necessity: The RAID1 volume from the start put) and "External gadgets". The "CTRL-F" RAID controller design doesn't accord a considerable number of alternatives either

According to me, The advantage point from product RAID is that no uncommon RAID CONTROLLER is required. The control is settled by the RAID programming, these is either part of the managing framework or later is even now instituted. This playing point comes especially with the Disaster Recovery to moves, if the RAID CONTROLLER utilizes inadequately and no longer good to go exact reasonably all at present good to go programming RAID frameworks the non removable plates with the intention that these might be chosen in addition without the extraordinary programming

In the CPU, with flat-capacity CCUs and transport frameworks this diminishes the framework display clearly; with important appearance, frameworks small working at full limit this is unimportant. STORAGE servers are frequently not completely working at full limit in hone. In this manner product RAID implementations on such servers might be possibly even snappier than equipment RAID implementations. With product RAID with non removable plate enters by the side of the fundamental processor (CCU) of the machine additionally the framework transports (like PCI) are stacked more determinedly than with equipment RAID.

I will suggest you that A further barrier is that with product RAID as store just the cache memory might be utilized. It exists to institute from there no probability a cushion electric cell just for the store and the CONTROLLER, how it is typical with brilliant RAID Controller or circle show with joined store. This has the outcome that information, which with a capacity flop or framework collision are in reserve, are lost. With this variant can remain activated for the non removable ring store.