Thread: My Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (Ver. 2.1) BIOS is not getting update, need help.

My Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (Ver. 2.1) BIOS is not getting update, need help.

Hello friends, I am using Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (Ver. 2.1) from the last few months. But now I want to update the BIOS to FGF version. I am trying to update but I giving problem during the update of BIOS. When I start updating then it doesn’t get updated and it comes back to previous BIOS. This update is important for me because I have bulldozer in mind, because it give supports to AM3+ CPU. I would like to know can how to update the BIOS, anyone help me?

Re: My Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (Ver. 2.1) BIOS is not getting update, need help.

I would like to suggest you to download the BIOS update again. If you are trying to update with the @BIOS software, then try again with the QFlash Utility. I am sure that using QFlash Utility, you will able to download your BIOS update. If you had tried for that method then there will be some problem with size of the BIOS file which is being smaller than the previous version of BIOS file. If so then it is better for you to do the update with the @BIOS software

Re: My Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H (Ver. 2.1) BIOS is not getting update, need help.

I would also suggest you to clear the CMOS first as well. Evacuate the capacity link from the mains supply and afterward press the capacity switch looking into the issue for a few seconds unequivocally to empty any remaining life in the PSU capacitors. Once done pull up the motherboard battery for in any event one hour before supplanting it. Following connect back to the mains supply and boot. You will now should drop in the BIOS by pressing DEL and stack Optimized BIOS Defaults

I will recommend you to make any available updates to the BIOS settings to suit your self such as handicapping the floppy drive, handicapping the full screen logo and making the HDD the essential boot gadget then after that press F10 to recovery and save changes. If you are trying update for support Bulldozer, then it will not do as you want. Because Bulldozer doesn’t support the Version 2.1, You will need the 3.0 or 3.1 version, and Bulldozer will need a new socket

The AM3 socket on teh Rev 2.1 motherboard will accept the new AM3+ Bulldozer processors (when they come along) but there may be a loss when it comes to some of the AM3+ CPU's advanced features.
    Officially AMD do not support backwards compatibility but Gigabyte, along with other motherboard manufacturers are making this an option on some of the AM3 motherboards. In some cases, because of the size of the BIOS chip, this will mean that you lose some of the existing features such as Core unlock, BOOT from LAN etc.

Your checklist was one that I'd read before posting -- and had tried everything (I think) except breadboarding. I counted screws, counted standoffs, and used a static bracelet. Guess it's back to the drawing board. One weirdness I had originally tried turning the front panel speaker plug the other way in case I'd gotten the +/- mixed up with no difference. I tried doing this to the power switch and the front panel works with the plugs in either direction.