Thread: On my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3, does USB3 need special headers/connections?

On my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3, does USB3 need special headers/connections?

Hello friends, I am using the Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3, but here I have one problem with my case. I want to know that is USB3 need any special headers/connections, on my case? In my case can I use USB2 cable to connect the USB3 on my Gigabyte 890XA-USB3 MB? I want to know that it would or not? Or else I want to know is there any need to buy a special mod to make my computer case have USB3 available on the front of the case. Can you help me in this case?

Re: On my Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3, does USB3 need special headers/connections?

Hey, USB3 is better compatible with USB1/2 devices. I think that it will need a new four data wire with the USB 3 devices. It will send more power through the line and will also have the different receptacles comparing with the USB 1/2. According to me case will not be compatible with the USB3 which is designed for the USB1/2. Only USB 3.0 Standard-B receptacles can only supports the USB 3.0 Standard-B device plugs.

You cannot use the USB1/2 ports to connect the USB 3 devices to your case. USB 3 uses the different protocols, it will not support USB1/2 protocol. It also uses the differential signaling separate from USB 2.0 signaling (thus six wires total) to achieve the full Super speed 5.0 Gbit/s. The transport capacity spec has been expanded so that a unit stack is 150mA (+50% over USB 2.0). A unconfigured unit can still draw just 1 unit stack, but a designed gadget can draw up to 6 unit stacks (900mA, a 80% expand over USB 2.0). Least mechanism working voltage is dropped from 4.4V to 4V.

I would say that, these front port connectors should be good to go as I see them in cases now but I should concede I haven't in fact perceived wherever proclaiming them. Conceivably you would be able to attempt any place such as Tandy or Radio Shack in the States. Yes the USB3 can furnish a great bargain more capacity yield for joined gadgets than USB2. Makes subsistence a part more easy as most don't require an outside capacity association now to run.

For the connection of USB3 on your case, you will need two cables unless it's an either/or situation. Since USB3 uses the different protocols and USB1/2 uses the different protocols. It will work with your case if it supports the compatibility of your motherboard. Because there is an upgrade that will help you to plug inside the motherboard to get the faster transfer of the data. USB3 will work with USB2 connector if both are 'Standard A' types.

You are able to buy one or more USB centers or exceptional links. There are several sorts of cores: powered and unpowered since the USB 2.0 five-meter point of confinement is not extended enough for your requirements. Higher capacity draw gadgets would need a powered center. The USB 3.0 detail calls for what added up to 10 wires in addition to an interlaced external shield. Several wires are utilized for control. A specific unshielded contorted match (UTP) is utilized for High-Speed and easier information transfer and takes into account regressive similarity.

I will suggest you that, if you are trying to connect the USB3 connector then you will require USB2USB2.0/USB3.0 Host interface Port with standard USB 3 Type A connector. One ready Loop back procurement likewise accommodated IP Validation. 8Gb ONFI NAND Flash interface is given to prepare Bulk information transfer. The 200-bind (Non ECC) SO-DIMM gives access to up to 2 GB of DDR-II memory Interface. Several Gigabit Ethernet interface ports with Broadcom RGMII PHY to empower High speed lattice interface.