Thread: CPU fan: need to spin slower then 900rpm, using ET6.

CPU fan: need to spin slower then 900rpm, using ET6.

Hey friends, I am using Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 at my home, to reduce the noise of the system fan and CPU fan I am using ET6. The problem with my system and CPU fan is that ÇPU fan won't go slower than approx 900rpm and the system fan less than 450rpm with ET6. But my temperature is well within the normal operating speed. I had also tried Speedfan but it also doesn’t work ad per my requirements. So can anyone help me to get out of this problem?

Re: CPU fan: need to spin slower then 900rpm, using ET6.

According to me, only some people use the ET6 to slow their fans down. I will suggest you to not use such free programs that are supplied to the motherboard and slow the fans down, not only in the Gigabyte but also in other motherboard. I will suggest you to use SmartFan in the BIOS for control, in your Gigabyte motherboard. If Smartfan doesn't lower the speed of your CPU fan and your system fan, then you can use the ET6 In your system to do the change.

Hey, if you are using the Et6 in your Gigabyte to slow the speed of your CPU fan and still the Speed is above 900rpm, then I will suggest you to check the BIOS setting for the speed of the fan. If it doesn’t helps you then contact with the Gigabyte's technical support department for more details. They may help you a lot to slow down the CPU fan speed and system Fan speed. With regards to bios fan control, in the Gigabyte there are no more option to change the setting.

Hi, I am also using the Easy Tune 6(ET6), my experience with ET6 is that it is pretty average as an OC'er and you would be remote safer to OC via the BIOS. I am using the Easytune6 version B9.0918.1, I don’t know which version you are using. I will suggest you to not use the older version which came with your motherboard, when your computer gets restarted then it will not work properly. Try to update your ET6 version so that it supports your system’s compatibility.

According to me, ET6 is a very refine application that simply works on the system, I also uses the ET6 during the overloking, I didn’t have working adjustment in my computer BIOS. ET6 helps me to go from 1.25vcore up to 1.85vcore and bump the FSB up from 13x245 up to ~13x415, so that if I want then I can do some extreme benching. ET6 tool is good in benching and helps in changing the setting in mid bench. If you want to change some setting without to reboot the system then you can do with the help of the ET6.

ET6 is Gigabyte's program and allow you to overclock/overvolt both processor and memory from inside Windows. (Program icon is a steering wheel.) There is a new version that I want to put on. The installation instructions say to uninstall the old version first. The old program does not exist on Windows list of programs and, although there are numerous programs in the folder for ET6 in Programs 32, there is nothing to uninstall.

There are a few strategies to direct the fan speed. A resistor might be utilized to diminish the capacity getting to the fan, in this way moderating it. This is the most straightforward, then again capacity is disseminated as high temperature by the resistor, and that in a cooling framework is undesirable. To realize a variable speed framework, numerous free resistor lattices might be utilized to set the voltage, and these can then be chosen with a revolving switch. When the fans are running at their slowest the resistor will need to disperse a substantial measure of high temperature, and to some degree this annihilations the goal of the framework by introducing a different hotness origin.