Thread: Testing the temperature on Gigabyte 870A-UD3 by hardware monitor

Testing the temperature on Gigabyte 870A-UD3 by hardware monitor

Hello, I am working with Intel board/processors from the long time. I built an AMD computer for my brother, before 4 months with (Athlon II X2 250/Gigabyte 760G) configuration, from which my brother is very satisfied. After that I sold my computer Q6600/750i/DDR2/8800GT and bought a new Gigabyte 870A-UD3 and Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor, as I want everything is working great. I have the following question with the gigabyte:
    I like to know what each of the Voltage (#5-#8) and Temperature (#1-#3) are for.
    I heard about the Northbridge cooling problem with these motherboard, and not have of cooling for the mosfets. Are there any reasonably priced solutions to this?

Re: Testing the temperature on Gigabyte 870A-UD3 by hardware monitor

Hey I am sure that I can tell you about the readings extra than that all of your temperature seem to be very good. Check that you have not undervolt your processor, if so than change the setting for undervolting of your processor. I am using the 955be which works between 1.024v and 1.408v with cooling temperature, and you are showing it as 1.216 presumably without cool and quiet enabled. I am still learning on this problem to know more about it.

Hey, I am not going to guess at the voltage thing i can look and report back see if i can find some info on it. If I found any information about it than I will suggest you how to deal with this problem. I think #2 is CPU # 3 is Northbridge and #1 is motherboard. Ok that will not take so time to make it working properly. If you can then check the setting and you can set it o the monitor according to your requirements. I don’t have the much information about the temperature, because you gave me only two different temperatures.

Well I think that my Northbridge temperature is pretty good then, but still I can’t touch it without getting burn from it. Using CPUID HW Monitor it seems as if OHM's temp. it might be caused by the wire, I have in my other computer a DFI M3HS the same problem, after gaming it stay around 42 to 50, which is not good temperature for the monitor, in the starting days it cause me to worry so much but after few years, it never cause me any trouble.

Hi, my CPU is also running to hotter as yours, but for that reason I use Zalmann cooler for cooling the CPU.. For the thermal problem, I will suggest you to use the Zalmann cooler, which is designed basically for the coiling function on the computer or the laptop. It will cause your CPU to get cool during the gaming time or when temperature if high. I will also suggest you to take a crack at the temperature redoubts say #1 is Northbridge, #2 is Southbridge, and #3 is motherboard.

Hey, I am using the Noctua's NH-D14 coolers, and the performance is very good, my CPU is now getting cool as before. I will recommend you to go for Noctua's NH-D14 coolers, since the performance is too good and it not makes too much of noise like other cooler. It is also impressive when you start overloking in the CPU. You can cool your processor poor little from 2.67 GHz processor to 4.2 GHz at only 1.5 volts. At that 1.5 GHz overclock we started to stress all processor cores 100% once again and we did not even reach 65 Degrees C,

the GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 emphasized in this audit wears an AMD 870 Northbridge and a SB850 Southbridge chipset combo and is composed to trade the AMD 770X and SB750 chipsets that were initially presented in 2007. While the 870 and the 770X accord indistinguishable offers, the development to the SB850 is what gives the 870A-UD3 its post of brand new innovations. All things considered, this item might be the ideal fit for an extensive number of purchasers