Thread: memory channel is not working in gigabyte GA-990FXA UD5 , need help

memory channel is not working in gigabyte GA-990FXA UD5 , need help

Hello friends, in my mother board the memory channel is not working properly. I have the following configuration:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Retail Box
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1866 F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
    Video Card: Radeon 5850 1GB
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 watt.
    I want to know that is there is problem with my mother board or failed Channel 0 memory controller on the CPU. I need help to know what to do now with my motherboard.

Re: memory channel is not working in gigabyte GA-990FXA UD5 , need help

Hi, I will like to point you in that case numbering system of your memory slot has been changed on this board because you have changed your board to new board. There are some confusion with your motherboard because of the new change, I am also getting confused with that. Keep the slot 1 away from CPU of the motherboard. According to me, CPU is the faultier component of the computer other than the motherboard.

Next the CPU is suspect to have been injured due to bad wrapping as long as the pins are not bent or injured. See the manual RAM slot numbering which is 1,2,3,4 from the power connector onward the CPU. Check with cannel if channel 0 being 1 and 3 and channel 2 being 2 and 4, if so then change the numbering, if it matches with the numbering of the motherboard then keep it as it is. To make the channel 1 ac working then change the functioning of the clot on the motherboard.

I would like to suggest you to check that memtest86+ is still passing in respect with this configuration or not, if not then make it to functioning properly. Make sure that slot are functioning singly at 200 bus and 400 ram speed, technique below condition. There is a 2 times multiplier on a 200 MHz bus for 400 total RAM speed, with this new information, the slot 1 and 3 will not work, don’t think that your memory controller is faulty or your motherboard is faulty.

Now the Gigabyte have just released an official update for F4 according to which it improves the memory compatibility with the AM3+CPU’s but might also have a behavior on your system. Make sure that you have updated your motherboard compatibility, it may keep you having to RMA something. These problems are not with this model only, when this model will come back it will work correctly. I would suggest you to send it back to retailer for RMA, if there will some problem with your RAM then they will retail back your RAM.

If the F4 BIOS doesn't improve things, then I will suggest you to visit on the gigabyte retailer or to read the user manual to know more about how to make the entire slot working properly. Or they will forward the F5b BETA BIOS, to help you a lot in this case. It is acting like there is a 2 times multiplier on a 200Mhz bus for 400 total RAM speed. Don’t think that your motherboard is faulty or CPU is not working properly, I am sure that there will problem with your memory slot.

Extension spaces combine five PCI-Express 2.0 x16, of which several (spaces 1,3,5) are PCI-Express 2.0 wired to the AMD 990FX Northbridge, with electrical arrangements of x16/x16/NC or x16/x8/x8. Spaces 2 and 4 are electrical x4, wired to the SB950 Southbridge. Different spaces incorporate a PCI-E x1, and a legacy PCI. Space connectivity is comparative to that of the UD7, with eight SATA 6 Gb/s inward ports, a capacity-eSATA, and a typical eSATA.