Thread: SB Motherboard with display port

SB Motherboard with display port

I am looking for a motherboard with display port. I prefer 2 PCI slots, but I guess you could do, I prefer micro ATX full, but cannot, I prefer 7-Port SATA, but it could make 5. No overclocking, except perhaps the addition of PC1600 memory, which is technically overclocking. The reason for the display port is that you can run high-resolution monitor (27 or 30) of the motherboard. Something else I should consider (I know asrock U.S. warranty sucks, but I've never had a mb no later than one year), any comments on these mb, no major candidate that I missed?

Re: SB Motherboard with display port

SB laptops do, so I'm assuming you have not been paralyzed arbitrarily desktop variants for some reason. However, I have not for myself seen running 2560x on a board Z68. I would say one of these:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ($169); full atx; 7 sata; 2 pci
    AsRock z68 Extreme4 ($189); full atx 8 sata; 2pci
    The use asrock gigabyte alc892/bcm57781 while using ALC889, Realtek 8111E
    whether one should do you well. I do not know all the differences, just go with the one that appeals to you. ASRock has only 1 year warranty, consider

The only cards available that fit your criteria of what I read. So with the tables that you have listed, those are the two that I think would be good to go with. Both are great companies with good support. They have many choices, overclock well and work for what you need. I suggested choosing which you like better. In the end the decision is yours and what suits your needs. As I see it with SB, no matter what you choose, you will not lose. To my knowledge, all SB cards do well, and all have their troubles. If you could do without DisplayPort, it would open things up, but you specified you wanted a board with display port. This most likely does not assist much, but the list; those are the 2 that was placed on top of the list to choose from.

I went with the asrock Extreme4. Newegg sent me a coupon for $ 20, so we bit the bullet. I will install this weekend. The only good thing is the ASRock MB has an error indicator (LED), not sure about the gigabyte, but MSI has no indication of sey and people have problems with the starter circuit of the plate (in mostly due to incompatible memory). I suspect its behavior changes so any board with bios brand is likely to have the same behavior in the same situation. The MSI (p67-GD65) is not bad advice, but simply does not help if things go wrong. There is no problem with the construction of p67-GD65 and the machine has been 100% stable.

Well throughout the first boot went smoothly. They still have to burn, so I'll do tonight, but the construction went very fast. On the surface this forum seems higher quality than the MSI p67-G65 for a bit. It is difficult to quantify, but when I p67 build a couple of months, I remember being bothered by small details. We do not want to emphasize this too much, because the p67-G65 has been 100% stable and I can do an impartial analysis of the actual quality of the components ET all, but the attention to detail on the Asrock better.

Do not think you will regret your purchase, really. I have a great experience with my Z68 extreme 4 so far and I totally agree with you "attention to detail", the packaging and accessories are really good. The UEFI manual could be better, on the other side. AMD card is to add a display port? This lets you choose any motherboard that I wanted without the requirement of the DP has only one PCIe slot.

If you do not take a PCI-E dGPU the BIOS to see the same failure and default to iGPU and display ports on back I / S of the plate. Otherwise, see the PCI-E and instead default to dGPU. And I had made that comparison because it confused initially how the ASUS-Deluxe board P8Z68 third model line has its own display port, but has the top price in the model line label. I demystify that, by adding value for "extra material", and subtracting the value you would expect for the ports of the screen.