Thread: Gigabyte motherboard z68x-UD7 trouble with RAID?

Gigabyte motherboard z68x-UD7 trouble with RAID?

Guys I need help from you all and so what I want to know is, you can run a boot drive running through a SSD RST shown as a RAID drive and a second foray into the Intel chip? The problems I have been trying to run a RAID 5 array, I have afraid to try again with a RAID 0, because every time I feel like I have to start from scratch with the reinstallation of the operating system and I'm getting bored with it, it takes too long! Any guidance you can give would be helpful?

Re: Gigabyte motherboard z68x-UD7 trouble with RAID?

Go buy a Highpoint RocketRAID 640 PCI-E card compatible with 6Gb / s SATAIII as long as you have a spare slot 8x or 16x available, so you can connect up to 2 TB of all units and has a good chance using the combined-storage potential of these cards 0,1,5,10 and JBOD support and can even boot and carrying not one but two drivers in the PCB Use drive 1 TB disk in a format clone / backup and disk partition this 100 GB and 900 GB and use the partition of 100 GB as a clone of your OS, the other 900 for a good internal security unit size

The four drives can be in RAID 0 or 5 for the parity of the installed programs can be placed here along with the storage of RST even allows two different configurations of the unit through an example of an array, 4x2TB total of 8 TB drive array is divided into 4 TB RAID 0 (drive "Z") and 4 TB RAID 5 setup programs in other units and then "C" is obvious and happily run out of other units, only changes the installation path during Setup to what the new program / letter of the storage unit is starter critical data remains in the registry.

I do have a very good solution for this but I would like to give some hint may be which would help you in getting the solution and so they are just be aware raid5 will allow one drive to go down and all your data is still intact raid0 is not so forgiving but parity of read and write speeds Hope this helps you somehow it's not as straight forward as building Lego use to be post back if you have any more specific questions hopefully it gives you some hint.

Well for me It sounds like the OS is a bit too far down the food chain as Professional and Ultimate only support over 12 gig I think you'll run into the same problem with Sabretooth as well or am I missing somefink I haven’t faced any such problem ever so not much idea with it but just trying to make out what can be the solution but sorry not able to think over the solution or able to get any, but still I am trying as I would be getting any of them I would be updating for sure.

I hope that the trap most people fall into when upgrading the memory to fill all the spaces is that they expect the BIOS to be able to automatically configure as it did just a couple of sticks. Of course, this is not possible and must be done manually. The QPI / VTT undoubtedly the increasing need and DRAM voltage increasing need to help offset the additional burden placed on the memory controller. Lets check if this supports you in anyways.

The simplest level of RAID, RAID 0 should be called "aid" as it implies that there is no redundancy. The files are divided into slots of a size dictated by the size of user-defined band of the array, and stripes are sent to each of the discs. For this reason, it is becoming increasingly popular by performance-seekers, especially at the lower end of the market. Giving up redundancy allows this RAID level the best overall performance characteristics of RAID levels in particular, especially its cost. this are the things which i wanted to share about the Raid.