Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H: Install a SSD drive with SRT, running hot, good HSF?

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H: Install a SSD drive with SRT, running hot, good HSF?

Hello friends I have three questions to ask and I need a help for all of them from you all and I really hope you would be helping me for it and would surely suggest a nice suggestion which would solve all ma problems regarding these situation so first one is I want to install SSD drive with SRT and my motherboard, processor is running hot what can be the problem and please suggest me some good HSF?

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H: Install a SSD drive with SRT, running hot, good HSF?

Well all the three problems look like are related a bit to each other and they would be solved by some changes in you configuration of in the hardware itself well let me share up what I think and hope it helps you so according to this BSOD stop code which you may have faced once at least may be due to your QPI/vtt setting which you must be having so I think you can check that out first as it is upto date and in proper manner and then the suggestion for the HSF from me would be Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme, Xigmatech HDT-S1284 and if you check about them you would find that it suits your case.

Yap I to think that you got to check up the code which is been coming up in the BSOD and I am sure that you might have got a BSOD and the system must have restarted because I have saw many users having this problem with the heat sink and all and they do get the blue screen may be it must have happened when you have kept the system open and have went away somewhere for sometime the pc might have restarted and checking it would give you a complete idea where the problem has been occurring from and then I would like to tell you that Noctua NH-D14 would be an awesome cooler and it would surely keep you happy for long.

I have a different thinking and according to that I would tell you and you can even say I am suggesting that don’t just jump onto the BIOS updating and changing the settings before doing this I think you need to start it from the clean slate and remove all the power cable from the main supply and then press the power switch on the case and I would be saying just drain to any residual energy in the PSU capacitors, and when once you are done with this you can remove the motherboard battery for at least an hour and then replacing it the next step would be to plug the back into the mains supply and the boot, now you would need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load the optimized BIOS defaults, Make sure that the other changes to the bios setting to suit you, disabling the full screen logo and making the hard drive the primary boot device and then press f10 to save and then exit try it out hope it helps.

Hey hello I would say that I think that what we can do over this is checking for any bent pins on the CPPU sockets, now what I would be saying is very carefully try to remove the FAN and now slight twisting motion is the best to release the two as the thermal paste act like a sticky and once off you can remove the CPU taking extreme care both physically and electrically and then place it somewhere safe. Make it sure that the lighting is very good, Now consider the decision of the pins are out of alignment, even slightly. If you have any questions at all a couple of macro shots of the shot and post here to check. Also look at the bottom of the CPU in the circles of copper marginal lands and ensure that there is a mark at each location is close to downtown. If there are any marks or missing any of the pins is bent, obviously, then that's their problem.

Hey for installing ssd drive with str I have a trick and it is like try the Installation with RAID, RAID and Intel during the installation of Windows. He did all that, but the day that produced it, is about three blue screens saying me that there is something was incorrect with the hardware or configuration. Is it because I'm running RAID disk? Very nicely, the blue screens have not appeared in the last day. But this is the first time I've seen a BSOD in Win7. And after that suggestion for a heat sink fan would be Noctua NH-D14 , Xigmatek Aegir SD128264, Zalman CNPS9900 MAX they have been working very nicely.

Hey friend i have been facing such problem and i have tried with some of those attempt which i am going to suggest you about this so what i would be asking you to try out is to fiddle with applying with those various amounts of the thermal paste from those tiny to which is more than enough and even my core temps have been running with the 48c idle to the mid to the 80 which is under load. and well i have even had few words with the Intel about this topic and they have told me it is nothing to worry about and they expect the processor to run unto 72c and it can be till 100c without any problem.