Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011

Best compatible motherboard for audio production

I am having a difficult time selecting a motherboard for my needs. So far I have mainly been focused on 1155 plates with the Z68 chipset. Although I will be with the PC I build for some games, its main reason is for music and home audio production studio / recording in Windows 7 64-bit. I do not mean to do any overclocking and will not use additional than one graphics card in this system.
Old 03-08-2011

Re: Best compatible motherboard for audio production

I used to Redbook CDs with a new 233 MHz Pentium box in the 1990's. I do not think that the work of audio poses very strict requirements on the hardware, provided that their construction is generally balanced and I have no bus latency issues. Of course, the grandfather here work only with analog maybe things are different today. About the only thing I did was very stressful for re-sampling hardware data rates (used to take hours to convert a 48 kHz DAT to 44.1).
Old 03-08-2011

I advise saving a little money and get a motherboard and a Core H67-2600 i5 instead. The Z68 and i5-2600K are designed for overclocking. The use of more than 16G of RAM 8G require the use of non-ECC DIMMs that are not normally accessible today. Also there is a need to use Windows 7 Professional or higher. There is no motive to get quicker than the 1333 MHz RAM, since it is unlikely to notice a presentation increase.
Old 03-08-2011

I did a little research and checked into the boards H67, but could not find much in the way of optimistic reviews, and seem to be a lack of selection. I think initially to reduce to three brands from MSI, Gigabyte and EVGA. Not too sure yet that the company has been the extinction of the uppermost quality products in the last year or so. Although I am not sure but as I'm Gigabyte read the reviews complaining about the lack of fan speed control, which would be an issue for me.
Old 03-08-2011

Audio making can be very famished, if you are mixing tons of audio tracks and adding up a lot of effects. You can approximately consider a 1366 + processor motherboard with a speed of file, then load it with 6x4GB RAM (24 GB compared to 16 in any other chip / board.) But that would be to mix HEAVY DUTY, if only by a pair of stereo pairs DJ things, then it is an exaggeration. 1366 is what I would go for as quite affordable if you shop around, the incredible speed and lots of RAM through words, even SB would be good are also incredible.
Old 03-08-2011

I do the same, only run Cubase Steinberg Wavelab 5 and 7. I just put together a new system this weekend, so I'm still struggling with an optimal setting. I went with the Asus P8Z68-2600 Deluxe i7 processor. I'm not interested in overclocking, so I have the UPR and TPU enabled switches. I think this is a board of smoking, and has all sorts of features if you decide to experiment in the future. The same goes for the Maximus selected. Certainly you want the Z68 chipset for native USB 3.0 and SATA III.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,