Thread: Faster RAM setup for Dell Dimension 5150

Faster RAM setup for Dell Dimension 5150

I have been using Dell Dimension 5150 computer which came installed through 2 x 512mb PC2-3200 (200 MHZ) modules, offering1 GB sum. I have currently added 2 x 1 GB PC2-5300 (333MHZ) modules, which make it a total of 3 GB. I toggled the modules around consequently I have the fresh couple of modules within primary bank a and the unique couple of modules in secondary bank b - I am operating Windows XP – which one do you think that better- A 3gb set up as over otherwise exclusively with fresh modules lying on a 2gb set up?

Re: Faster RAM setup for Dell Dimension 5150

By default the system is standard (removable) equipped with 512MB of RAM. The Dell Dimension 5150 memory can be expanded to a maximum of 4GB RAM. For a maximum memory expansion slots are available to the device 4 (-space) available. In a pair wise identical installation Speichermodulle the speed of the memory are optimized separately. The pre-configured for dual-channel mode memory slots are color coded.

The difference should be at least noticeable when using the PC with 3 / 4 applications open at once; especially in Photoshop - function "history" turned on - you try to apply a filter on an image big enough. As for virtual memory, simply tries to delete the file (you must then restart) and then restore it (and restart again). I suggest you put a size in both "initial" in "maximum" identical (do not let that manages the system). With 2GB try setting 3072.

For a Windows XP computer, 2GB is in excess of adequate and the additional 1GB is improbable to build whichever dissimilarity in any way. You can make sure this for yourself via going toward Task Manager -> "Performance" tab. If the "Commit Charge Peak" is below 2GB (and I'm eager to expect it is) in that case that additional 1GB isn't doing whichever Excellency in any way so get rid of together the unique memory modules and your computer's performance will augment because of the 2GB of quicker RAM.

It’s not about speed, it is important that you put the benches in the slots of the same color, or so it was when I had an asus prior to yours. However it says in the manual how to activate dual channel 2 and then do tests and see if you turn it on or not. If you take the Rams to 800 and 1066, all will go to 800 unless you do everything overclocked to 1066.

Many manufacturers program a memory as default values in the SPD chip of the memory slower timings, as it meets the specifications of the corresponding bolt. This then accesses the BIOS for automatic selection of the timing. That's when your memory is also the case. If you change the option for the memory settings in BIOS from auto to manual, you will receive access to the individual timing values, and then there can of course set the desired values.

Look how high your FSB is set in the BIOS (if applicable multiplier for the processor to adjust to the suddenly not overclocked too high). If there is even looking at the FSB that the processor clock is true at all, because then this would probably not agree. And after what FSB and multiplier test for this is correct at all. If the FSB clock is true then look like the RAM clock ratio <> looks FSB. (If your board does not have something, then the FSB clock is wrong!) If necessary. These settings are not in the bios but have to be adjusted with jumpers by the help of manual.