Thread: Failure in Motherboard Gigabyte Z68

Failure in Motherboard Gigabyte Z68

Recently I have been watching forward at the Z68 motherboard, like the idea of using the SSD as a cache, but do not see any high-quality deals at any time so I can add the SSD later on without having to reinstall Windows 7? The second question is, if you have an SSD installed, and you die, do you have to reinstall after Windows?

Re: Failure in Motherboard Gigabyte Z68

Tentatively as far as I know you should be able to switch between "improved" and maximum "once you have completed the initial setup. It is worth considering, but in reality I think this is likely, given what I've read about simply "uninstall" the settings to do this or that. Apparently, the procedure for setting requires the installation of Windows 7 (etc) without the SSD connected, followed by installation of software on Windows ISRT. Then connect the SSD after closing and configuring Windows boot.

In my case, I could not help myself: I wanted a SATA-II SSD. Finally I decided to avoid using a SATA-II hard drive. Finally, would not even myself to meet the current Black Caviar hard drive. After seeing the results of reference for the use of a record that still showed an impressive performance, I imagined what would VelociRaptor marginal improvement. Probably lost the extra money to hit very little, but it was the first Raptor I bought.

Point is, I lean toward the SSD SATA-III, but really you can spare the ability, if you can find a 60 GB model. The fact is that you can only create a maximum cache size of 64 GB. And even more impressive performance analyses were made with a cache of 20 GB. Intel may have seen this coming, as it developed the technology themselves. Interestingly, the SATA-III-Elm Crest units are limited to a minimum of 120 GB (although you can use the rest on a partition that will have to use an SSD for regular purposes.) And I tell you I was coming to announce the release of a 20 GB "Larson-Creek" SSD SATA-III.

This is what I revealed. RAID can be configured with a disk that is how you install Windows 7 / (or Vista) anyway in preparation for the SSD cache. At that time, SSDs will not be linked or switched on. Then install the chipset drivers, graphics drivers, LAN drivers, and particularly (now F6-installed drivers for the Intel RAID controller in the before time installation of Windows7) software drivers and IRST. Also, you may download SSD-Toolbox software from Intel and install the Intel executive software.

Turn the machine, boot into Windows, run the software ISRT. Select the new SSD drive caching; select the hard disk or a single RAID volume as the acceleration of the drive / volume. Select "improved" or "Maximized". That's it. We recommend using "improved" if it is a new system that might have other stability issues [Zum Example: I overclock my Z68]. You are still advised to use improvement if there is any possibility of system failures.

It's weird because the manual says that first "Before installing the operating system, you have to load the SATA controller driver first." Then he said to go to chapter five, which states: "As Windows 7 include Intel SATA RAID / AHCI driver is not necessary to separately install RAID / AHCI drivers during the Windows installation process”.