Thread: Is AMD Bulldozer in PS4 faster than PS3 cell processor?

Is AMD Bulldozer in PS4 faster than PS3 cell processor?

Someone please help me to solve my query as I had report that there will be AMD Bulldozer in the PS4 or there is possibility that it could updated 32-nm IBM Cell processor. My question is if this would be the case than how much fast faster the AMD bulldozer could be as compared to the present PS3 cell processor. All your replies will be appreciated.

Re: Is AMD Bulldozer in PS4 faster than PS3 cell processor?

Actually I am not quite sure about the manufacturing CPU works on the console front part. If you ask me is a real design of a license or CPU IBM. Besides, if AMD is placed on the PS4, they need to get your name in the console all you can do a lot of publicity, and IMO, AMD is a serious fault in the department of name recognition. Let’s see, the only thing we can do at the present is wait for the launch of it. I am sure there will reviews later.

In my humble opinion, APU makes more sense. Assuming it is true that AMD GPU won the contract for all consoles next-gen console manufacturers stand to save money and APU OEM on the same computer as they do. The simply reason not to go this route is that if you are anxious of becoming commoditized consoles. If all are running the same hardware, porting is trivial. BD has an APU can play efficiently @ 1080 for recent games + games for the next 4-6 years?

I also like what type of AMD is more inclined towards a team effort for the label between BD and GCN for the job. If it ends up taking place on consoles only time will tell. I do not think AMD makes labor in expanding crossfire just for the sake of DGPU market. Not likely, APU makes sense on a device that does not play but it seems unlikely to become the main GPU in a dedicated gaming system. GPGPU would make sense as co-processor though. Anyway, this rumor first emerged in the Hard OCP is supposed to hear second-hand. I'm not putting much faith in him.

Actually no, it’s not for a console. The major effect of AMD APU is currently offered in Llano, which includes a GPU slower than higher-end GPU - the E6760 with 480 SP, 24 TMU and 8 ROPs. That would be much better to use a new generation of 6760 and a CPU integrated separately, as the Bulldozer core cell + graphics paralyzed. I have confirmed this information from the internet.

A HD6800/6900 mobile GPU is much more suited to the 28nm process. If AMD designed as a special order 6760 GPU 28nm wing but with a faster GPU, then I could see that scenario. But Bulldozer CPU + GPU are simply not enough of a performance advantage to beat an RV770 imo. If Xbox3 PS4 or choose this route, is a great failure on their part IMO. Not to mention, the chip size and cost of a bulldozer, 6-core (minimum) 800 + SP + GPU onboard chip would be great if that was even possible in 2012.

But even if the performance of their 6760 doubles embedded 2012-2013, only 960 would be looking for SP, 48 TMU and 16 ROPs. That's just faster than HD6870M (which is only about as fast as an HD5770 on the desktop). Again, it would probably be better than reducing the current 28nm HD6900M then. GPU performance is critical in a console IMO. I am also relied too much on the PS3 Cell processor, because the RSX is weak. You'd better grab a cell 3 wire 2 wire 32nm IBM, but investing heavily on the GPU - as in 28nm HD7000! That facility could delete a Bulldozer 6-/8-core APU configuration.