Thread: 4GB RAM is displayed as 3GB on Fujitsu V5535

4GB RAM is displayed as 3GB on Fujitsu V5535

I am having Fujitsu V5535 laptop from past couple of days. Recently I have noticed that the laptop of mine is showing RAM of 3GB though I am RAM of 4GB. I am unable to figure out whether there is an issue with the hardware of the system or there is an issue with the operating system. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter . I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: 4GB RAM is displayed as 3GB on Fujitsu V5535

Looking at the matter can you tell me which operating system do you have installed on the laptop? Do you have done any changes on the system of yours? which version of BIOS do you have installed? I am suspecting that there is a virus attack on the system of yours so tell me which version of antivirus do you have installed on the system of yours. Let me know if you are aware of any other information which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Well in this particular situation I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and simply enter msconfig on the Start search box and press enter.
    • You have to click on the Boot tab and then go for Advanced Options and you have to uncheck the box for the Maximum memory.

In order to fix the matter of yours I recommend that you should simply enable the remapping of the memory into the BIOS which you have installed on the system of yours. Also make sure that you have installed 64bit operating system on the computer if you are using 32bit version of the operating system then I think it will not work for you. Let me know whether you have fixed the matter or not.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the BIOS which you have installed on the laptop of yours. you should visit the official website and you should install the latest version of BIOS on the computer of yours. also you should try with reinstalling the operating system on the computer of yours, I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter of yours after using the above mentioned suggestion of mine.

Well I am not sure but there could be a virus attack on the system of yours so I recommend that you should installed a good antivirus program on the system and perform a virus scan on the system. Also you should contact the official service center if there is no change in the situation after using the suggestion which are provided over here. make sure the you should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty.