Thread: Need a Good Graphic Card for VIA K8M890 MB-Athlon 3000+ processor

Need a Good Graphic Card for VIA K8M890 MB-Athlon 3000+ processor

Need help with all the big techies out here to have a grafic card for the below mentioned specs..Need a HDMI port aswel
    I have a VIA K8M890 MotherBoard
    processor-Athlon 3000+ processor
    Ram -1GB 400
    HDD -7200 rpm - 160 GB

The reason i want a grafic card is i am planning to purchase an LED 24" Monitor and want to connect it thrgh HDMI port for better output.Dont do much gaming.if i play it will be small games which runs fine when i change the agp to 256 on my MB

Also wanted to know what would be the maximum size of grafic card i can have on this mother board.

Re: Need a Good Graphic Card for VIA K8M890 MB-Athlon 3000+ processor

Hello I search about your query on internet and I found that you can utilize PCI Express graphics cards. This will support with your motherboard and with Athlon 3000+ processor. Even you can try with Nvidia graphic cards (not sure) But just search about it on Google. But m sure that you can make use of PCI Express graphics cards. I hope this will help you.

Thanx for the reply.I have tried using a zotac Nvidia 8400GS 512MB card but after the desktop loads its freezing the display
    I have 1GB DDR 400mhz ram.
    i accessed the bios and disabled the onboard grafics and connected the VGA cable to the grafic card
    its freezes in every 5 mins after windows loads up
    i changed it to 128 on board and works for few mins
    now i have changed it to 256 onboard and it works fine for about 20 mins and then freezes up and the only option to make it work is to hard boot the system.tried installing the drivers fron nvidia site and same issue.Drivers from cd which i got with grafic card does not make a difference after re-installing it many times.no display driver except nvidia drivers in control panel and also in device manager.I really want to use a grafic card.Anyone please help

Can also also help me know if this is an incompatibility with MB and Graphic card.Whats will be a solution for resovling it

It depends on your motherboard. If you have the manual or you can visit the website of your motherboard manufacturer to check the compatibility. Display freezing is mostly appears due to incompatible gpu. There are two ways you can try. First running it with old drivers or updating the bios of your motherboard for better detecting the gpu. Refer the motherboard manual for the same.