Thread: System not working while using Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

System not working while using Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

Hello friends I am using assembled computer with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I am using TWIN2X4096-8500C5D RAM with my computer. Now when I put this RAM in my computer at that time it worked fine for some days but after that it has suddenly started giving me some issues. Now when I start my computer at that time at that time I can see the BIOS but after that computer remains blank. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

re: System not working while using Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

You have to first check that whether you are facing the same issue with any single RAM stick or not. First open your computer and after that remove any one of RAM stick and then check whether you are able to start your computer or not. If your computer gives you the same problem then try another RAM with your computer and after that check you are able to start the computer or not. if you are facing the same problem with both t he RAM then I think there might be something wrong with your RAM slot.

re: System not working while using Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

Have you tried to solve this issue by changing the RAM voltage? If you have not tried this yet then you have to first change the RAM voltage to 2.1 and after that check whether it makes any difference or not? I am suggesting you this because on the label of this RAM they have mentioned about RAM voltage. Go to your BIOS setting and after that change the RAM voltage and then your computer might start working normally again.

I would like to tell you that first download the memtest86 image file from internet and after that burn the CD from that image file and after that restart the computer. Now after restarting the computer you have to run the memteset86 in your computer and check that whether it is giving any error or not. if it is giving any error then I think there might be something wrong with your RAM stick. If after running the memteset86 you don’t get any error then I think you should try to solve this issue by updating the BIOS in your computer.

I think you should first try your RAM stick with any other computer and after that check whether your both RAM is working perfectly or not, if your RAM is not working perfectly with other computer also then I think your RAM is faulty and you need to sent your RAM back to the seller from where you have purchased it and after that you have to tell your problem also. If your RAM worked properly with other computer then I think there can be issue with your Asus P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard.

With my corsair TWIN2X4096 RAM I was also facing the same issue and after that I have tried to solve this problem changing the RAM voltage but after changing the RAM voltage also I was facing the same problem with my RAM. Now after that I have reset my BIOS and after resetting the BIOS also I get the same problem and I have tried to solve this issue by updating the BIOS version and updating the BIOS done the trick and my computer started working normally.

Re: System not working while using Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

As you have said that resetting the BIOS doesn’t help to solve this problem but after updating the BIOS your problem gets solved. Now after reading your post I have downloaded the BIOS update file from the internet and after that I have make the bootable CD for BIOS update and after that I have done the BIOS update in my computer. Now after updating the BIOS my RAM is working properly with Asus P5Q Pro Turbo. I really appreciate your help.