Thread: Getting Error 116 on Intel Motherboard

Getting Error 116 on Intel Motherboard

I am having some problem with my Computer from few days; I have Intel Motherboard D925XCV with two Corsair VS1GBKIT533D2 DDR2 512 MB RAM Sticks and Intel Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz processor. When I boot my pc first time it is giving me error 116. What will be the problem with my system? Anyone knows about that . This problem occurs when motherboard detects two sticks of ram in POST scrrem. Any suggestion what is the problem and what can i do to resolve this problem

Re: Getting Error 116 on Intel Motherboard

I am also facing such a problem few days back with my ram sticks. Check your bios version it has to be latest.If it is older one try to download latest BIOS trough motherboard manufacturer site that is Intel in your case and update it .Now try to set dim voltage manually. Test it on different voltage setting. If it doesn’t solve the resolves the problem then contact your hardware vendor from where you purchased hardware.

Before solving the problem you must know why the error code 116 occurs. Error code 116 occurs due to System board read/write error mostly due to IDE controller in your Intel desktop board D925XCV. There is nothing more I can tell about it. Form above to me this can be due to bad motherboard, bad hard drive or bad data cable of your HDD. Try to replace the data cable it can solve your problem.

Try this solution it will solve problem. My friend and i also tried this and it solved his problem and also my problem. He is using SATA cable to connect HDD to motherboard of Intel . Error 116 is only occures due to read/write error in motherboard. So Check your SATA cable is connected correctly or not it must be connected to particular slot on Motherboard. So He connected his HDD correctly and his system doesn’t give any type of error now. so do this it will help you.

It can be due to other problems on system also. When we connect two CD/DVD Drives or Hard Disk Drive such problem may occur. Drives has jumper setting buttons on it on back site which can be set to master and slave. If both the drives are set to master, master or slave, slave it will give this error and system will halt or gives error. So make sure one of your drives is on master setting and other will be on slave. Do this it will solve your error. check your settings.