Thread: Is MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) compatible with Corsair Vengeance?

Is MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) compatible with Corsair Vengeance?

I just assembled Q6600 + DFI 975X INF 2600K i7 + Z68A-GD80 (B3). This is my new motherboard with all its technologies after not updating my knowledge since 2006. I know nothing about and why DrMosfet sink opinion. However, I realized that the heat pipe and heat sink others (or not) be my problem after just press the "OC Genie" button on my plate. My 2600K i7 can run up to 4.1GHz with the click OC Genie. But then I realized that the action HSF, my processor temperature is 71C when Prime95 was running. In a resting state, its temperature is around 30C with 28-29 ยบ C ambient (non-AC). My box is Enlight (just do not know the series) that has side-flow fan air inlet at the top of Intel HSF file. I have two questions:

1. Noctua NH-D14 It fits my motherboard? I'm affraid that the heat sink and heat pipes throughout the process block the installation. Note that vengeance Corsair passive heat sink and height 50 mm.
    2. What about Noctua NH-U12P? Performance based on a review of overclocker forum only differs by 1-2C above NH-D14.

Re: Is MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) compatible with Corsair Vengeance?

Genie pushes OC voltage over what is really needed. So part of your temperature is probably a direct cause of this. Keep it that way. I have the Noctua NH-C14 and perform as well as in H70 CPU core temps, but had the additional advantage of cooling the CPU around. My 2600K is about 64-68C 25-30C core temperature to 4.5 GHz in full be a good fit, and you may need to install the RAM before the fridge. Consider the Zalman 9900, so the test also shows only small differences HU16E temporary and has had excellent results with this refrigerator built. I used an X58 in one before and it was really good. The advantage is the good clarity that allows easy installation of RAM, even with these large sinks in some RAM modules.

According to my knowledge you will not get simpler. 2600K CPU most will go to about 4.5 in the tension of cars. Only increase the CPU multiplier step by step and see how far that takes you. Once you start with overclocking, however, start a new thread in the OC section. I do not know if there is a "normal", but those were the peak temperature. Each 2600K seems to have there own unique thermal characteristics. Environment plays an important role, as different cases and the flows associated with the case. Most tests are carried out without a case, so that temperatures in these reports tend to be ~ 5C or lower than what one would expect reasonably. Mine was folding 24 / 7 at 100% load 8-core temperature 25-30C ~ environment.

My results with air cooling are as good as the H70. Given the price difference, the H70 is a cinch. The noise of the fans at full speed is much higher than those of the Noctua 140 mm. Therefore I can not promote the H70 has an advantage but my experience have been a disappointing experience in cooling water. I think you should go for a Corsair H60 H70 instead of one; also it is little less expensive than the H70.

I you ask me, there is an inherent design flaw, and that hot air is dumped inside the box when using the factory installation recommended. Believe me, I tried to let in fresh air from both inside and pushes the air, I have had three different brands of fans, including a temporary module to use 140 mm fans. General disappointment in the amount of money spent on it. When I have time I will try to modify it and have the entire radiator is the case, which will cut the pipes and void the warranty, but I'd be the only way to prove whether it can improve, as I still believe that CPU heat sink and the pump assembly itself is the best part of H70. But that is a future project.

After taking air into account, you can take a look at the Zalman CNPS5X. I have one in the store and put it on my new computer to see how waiting for a Cold (arrived today - and that goes in the shop), I'll stick with the Zalman, the painting is now on day 3, in operation since the end of two days at 4.873 and is currently idling at 34-35C, and that's w / no as 5 fully cured.

I have done many researches over the internet and came to conclusion that various forums, said the radiator fan is too noisy, compared with the noctua. I do not want a noisy fan and I'll put my system in the lounge. I'll try to find Noctua, but maybe C14 and C12P SE14, as there are pictures with that kind of HSF on top of revenge. I'll try again after that. Perhaps another problem is the fan side with container height.