Thread: 16GB ram working with Big Bang X-Power, Core i7 965 Extreme, and Corsair Dominator XMP?

16GB ram working with Big Bang X-Power, Core i7 965 Extreme, and Corsair Dominator XMP?

Hey guys I have been trying to work with the Corsair which has been said to have the speed of 1866 MHz with the 16GB ram would that be possible to do? But right now my system has been running very stable with the RAM at 1600MHz so can anyone suggest something over this to me? I need to know about this so much but haven’t found any better solutions till now please help me?

re: 16GB ram working with Big Bang X-Power, Core i7 965 Extreme, and Corsair Dominator XMP?

Ok so moved by the memory overclock and I think if the system is stable in 1600, with 12 GB, be happy with that and you just don’t need not to try and overclock the RAM 1866. The gain is minor and not worth the potential of its members instabilities. OverClocking in isolation, without overclocking the processor has no noticeable benefit. This is my personal view and I think you don’t need to try anything if it is working fine so please enjoy what you have rather trying something weird out and spoiling it out.

re: 16GB ram working with Big Bang X-Power, Core i7 965 Extreme, and Corsair Dominator XMP?

Is there any reason why not overclocking the processor. Why do you think that overclocking the CPU is not necessary and why do you think that overclocking the RAM is a better way. I'm running BB X board as they are and have tried dozens of different configurations and clock speeds to see which ones offer the best combination of performance, energy efficiency and stability. While you can get more improvement with RAM overclocking boards in 1366 over 1155 and 1,156 plates, due to the architecture of triple channel memory, you should think of it as something done to reduce terms of access to data from the CPU with increasing speed. Bernhard as recalled in the stock CPU speeds up your memory to 1600 MHz can provide data as fast as the CPU can be used in almost all conditions.

Well I have a personal view about this and would like to tell you about this ok so Corsair marketed the RAM at 1866MHz without mentioning anything about that being an "overclocked" setting for the RAM. Interestingly, just about every MB that has come out since I originally purchased the RAM in 2009 shows any speed above 1333MHz as "overclocked" what's up with that? As for not overclocking my processor can't afford to replace it should something go wrong with an attempted overclock. That being said, I would overclock it if I could get the maximum performance out of the CPU, RAM, graphics and chipset combined. Aside from the hydro-cooling on the processor, the system is 100% air-cooled. What I would like to discover is if there is anyone who has a similar system that could give me some pointers. I am actually running the RAM at the timing settings for 1866MHz, but with the actual clock multiplier set to keep it at 1600MHz. I have also seen too many horror stories regarding system-bricking due to bad overclocks to be too enthusiastic about the process as I said previously, I would like to wring the best possible performance out of my rig that I can as it stands.

An extreme CPU on this platform offers some advantages. Support for your particular BMI is 1333 instead of the normal natural default of 1066. The unlocked multiplier makes it fairly easy OC'ing. Quality VGA and CPU speed are the two main actors in the field of action. In my home tests, the difference between the speed of the RAM at 1066 and 2000 was less than 12 FPS. Keep the RAM in a stable and efficient 1600 may be the best option. Without having to change much, a 4.0 OC is achievable with few settings being required. Setting RAM speed, timings, & DRAM V. along with a CPU Ratio set to 25X, & set to 160. At these settings, Memory Ratio would be set to 5, UN core Ratio to 10 for a 1600 RAM speed. In these two threads, a lot of information is posted that will help in reducing any mystery in an OC procedure of the CPU. Once we see the display RAM SPD is likely to reveal the RAM chips that are 1066 or 1333. Do not confuse "the Star of the manufacturer of the RAM with the standard platform that is 1066, except the fact support some Intel Core i7 Extreme 1333.

So in this case it deal with the RAM chips which is 1333, and 1333 series incorporates SPD profiles. Give it a try, assuming BCLK is 133, Ratio of memory 7, Ratio Uncore 14, the command rate times 2, 9 9 9 24 s DRAM V. 1.65v 'or a little bit higher to compensate for any loss of tension, be sure Spread Spectrum PUE and 2013 are disabled. Added to this is If you have a digital multimeter, V. DRAM can be seen in Section V-Check. S above 1.65v is not recommended, however, since this is the forum section of OC, 1.66 or even a step further than necessary to be stable. Good luck I hopes you get help from this.

Re: 16GB ram working with Big Bang X-Power, Core i7 965 Extreme, and Corsair Dominator XMP?

Ok friends glad to look up so many comments and they have been really very helpful some of them has made lots of thing clear to me and it has solved my problem, But thanks for everyone and all of the comments are been appreciated, I have been helped by you all in all of my problem from long time and i really wanted lots of detail this time to and again i got helped by you all so thanks a lot an lot and keep helping me out always.