Thread: Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L spdif in bracket

Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L spdif in bracket

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L motherboard and a Nvidia 9400gt video card that I'm trying to pass sound using motherboard features. The only position I've been capable to discover an SPDIF in Bracket for my UD3R is on EBay. I was wondering if any person had in reality purchased the official bracket then please share your own thoughts. Any kind of help or suggestion related to this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L spdif in bracket

If you look at the specifications list of this Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L motherboard then you'll notice that it supports an HDMI audio input with a DVI adapter. This is to be happening with the s/pdif from the sound card of the system. If your video cards not contain an HDMI port, and it doesn't sound like it does. Then you need to use an optical cable from the PC to TV as the cheapest route. This will be solve problem.

I have the same board and I think that it has the special SPDIF input bracket. This is plugged in with the motherboard. When I try to plug in and performing the realtek/gigabyte sound mixer application and it will loads the status data. It helps to do data validation as well as valid copy protection, Copy Free. The optical cable can be help to do this task. Then you need to just use this optiocal cable and solve the problem.

You can try reflashing the Main BIOS first and it is functioning ok with synchronize the Main BIOS & Backup BIOS instructions. For doing this task you need to go into the BIOS and on the MAIN page press F9 for system info. After doing this step just locate BIOS versions present on this system. This will be help to update the backup BIOS to match the current system configuration. This is to be help to solve such kind of problem onto the system.

Last week, I did buy this bracket off EBay. I think it able to turn desktop PC into a 5.1 Dolby receiver. We all know that on Windows 7, we can achieve stereo using optical-in. It can only carry 2.0, and encoded 5.1 via Dolby Digital/DTS. I have also tried to just apply the optical s/pdif out for doing this task. Then you also need to do this task and I am sure you got the correct result after doing such kind of task onto the system.

Thanks for the help. I had the same problem with my asus motherboard. Then I read your post and decided to do special on this system. Hence, I used a female RCA jack and connect it with the connector using the optical cable on the motherboard. This will be wok and it will solve the problem. If you want optical cable, then you need to construct a new wire. Then you need to just used EBay in the past to get the Gigabyte one.