Thread: After installing Gigabyte Z68 UD7 with Intel i7 2600k processor result in high overclocking

After installing Gigabyte Z68 UD7 with Intel i7 2600k processor result in high overclocking

Hi, before some days I have upgraded my machine with the new motherboard and the processor and other peripherals as well, but after that I am facing too many overcloking problems in my machine, but first of all let me tell you that I have Gigabyte Z68 UD7 motherboard and Intel i7 2600k processor, which has a very good capability to overclock but still I am having the problem as when I overclock my CPU to 5 to 7 GHZ all the things gets unstable, and with my previous motherboard I wasn’t having any problem. So any idea why this happening? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: After installing Gigabyte Z68 UD7 with Intel i7 2600k processor result in high overclocking

I was also having the same problem with this motherboard, but let me tell you that the motherboard that you have doesn’t have the potential to manage itself with other overclock peripherals, so let me tell you that though you have a very good processor you’ll not be able to overclock it till 5GHZ, so after that there no question remain for the 7GHZ, but it would be stable till you overclock it to 4GHZ, and this is the best option as well.

Re: After installing Gigabyte Z68 UD7 with Intel i7 2600k processor result in high overclocking

I am agree with the above user as though you have a good processor, it’s always depends on the motherboard as well, so I think you are having the problem because if the odd combination of the motherboard and the processor, so according to my recommendation you should overclock the hardware till the motherboard can adopt the changes.

Hey thanks dude for the immediate replies, but I would say the problem is getting worse as the day passes, I mean to say I have installed 2 operating system on my machine and because of that when I load the Linux rather than the other one it just lost it stability and suddenly and leads to cause the black screen. I have almost tried all the things to get it worked again, but no luck, I have the same problem still, ant more recommendation?

Are you aware about the overcloking very well? If not then I would suggest you that you should first of all read the manual for that because from there you’ll get the better idea about doing these, and though you have a good CPU it’s not always possible to do whatever we want, and I think the problem is because of the BIOS, so you need to upgrade it for sure. And off course make some settings for the memory as well, I mean to say run it to 2133MHz only and see whether the problem is happening or not.

Multiple booting is very well known issue with the Intel’s product, so it would be better if you use only one operating system in your machine. and in such a situation the essential part is always the BIOS, and while overcloking the hardware we need to take care about the BIOS as well, it should have capability to absorb such changes that you have made, and if you don’t have any such BIOS I would like to recommend you that you should try to install F7d JZ in your machine.