Thread: USB is losing power in Gigabyte X38 motherboard

USB is losing power in Gigabyte X38 motherboard

I am using Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710 key board mouse combo with my computer. I am using computer in which I have Gigabyte X38 motherboard. My computer was working perfectly but from last few days I am facing one problem with my system. Now whenever I use my wireless keyboard and mouse in my computer at that time it works properly but after two or three hours my keyboard and mouse get stopped working. When I see my USB 2.4 GHz Unifying receiver which I have attached to my USB port at that time it does not indicate power light. It means my USB is not providing power to it please tell me what can be solution for this.

Re: USB is losing power in Gigabyte X38 motherboard

It looks like there might be something wrong with your with your Logitech USB 2.4 GHz Unifying receiver and I think you should first connect your Unifying receiver with other computer or laptop and after that you have to check whether you are facing this problem with that computer or laptop or not. If you are facing the same problem with other computer or laptop also then I think there might be something wrong with your Unifying receiver otherwise your computer might be having some issue.

You are experiencing this problem because you allow windows to power them off option is selected in your computer in your computer. If you want to solve this issue then you have to first uncheck that option from your system and after that you have to check that whether you are getting this issue or not. As far as I know by trying this trick you will be able to solve this problem. If you want any more information then let me know.

I have checked my Logitech USB 2.4 GHz Unifying receiver with other computer and it is working fine. Now after than I have also connect my Logitech USB 2.4 GHz Unifying receiver with other USB port in my computer but after doing that also I was facing the same problem in my computer. now after that I have also tried to uncheck allow windows to power them off option in my computer but I don’t know from where to I can get that option. Please tell me exact procedure for this.

If you don’t know where to get allow windows to power them off option then I will help you with that. First of all you have to open my computer and after that you have to open device manager in your commuter. Now after that you have to right click on the USB port option and after that you have to click on the properties option. Now you will have to click on the power management tab and then from there you have to uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Now after doing that your problem might get solved.

Did you try to solve this problem by removing the USB drivers from your computer and installing it again? If you have not tried this yet then try it first and after reinstalling the USB drivers in your laptop you will not get any problem with your keyboard and mouse. If that idea did not work then I think your motherboard might be having some problem. I hope this information will be helpful you and you will be able to solve this issue as soon as possible.

I have tried to fix this issue by removing the USB drivers from my system and after that I have reinstalled the USB drivers in my system. Now after reinstalling the USB drivers in my system also I was facing the same problem also. Now after that I have disabled allow windows to power them off option in my system and after disabling the allow windows to power them off option in my system all the things are working properly. Thank you so much for helping me.