Thread: PCI-E card in GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard displays nothing

PCI-E card in GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard displays nothing

Ten days ago I build up my system, which consisted of GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard, with ATI 5850 graphics card and Windows 7 operating system installed in it. It worked fine until yesterday. But from yesterday I have started facing this particular issue. Whenever I am inserting the ATI card in its respective port in the Motherboard, nothing is displayed and the monitor just don’t boot. But when I am removing the card and then trying to start the system, everything is working fine. Can anyone tell me what might be the issue with my system and how possibly I can solve the issue?

Re: PCI-E card in GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard displays nothing

I feel that you are not inserting the following ATI 5850 graphics card in the PCI-E slot properly and that is why you are facing issues with your system. So, I would recommend you to first of all make sure that you have inserted the devices properly and you are not facing issue because of the any type of connection issues. Make sure that while you are connecting or disconnecting the graphics card you have removed your system from the power source.

I am not sure whether this will actually work for you or bot but I think you should atleast give it a try as it might proved to be very helpful in solving your issues like it proved to be useful to me and many more like me. You should most probably try the DVI or the HDMi port as well. For proper settings, you can refer the manual or the user guide which might have provided with the system when you had purchased the computer system.

Thank you for replying your quality suggestion in my posted thread. I went through them and followed the suggestions mentioned but I have been so unlucky these days that I am unable to solve the issue. I checked out the connection and everything seems to me working well and good. I tried connecting the device many times but with the same result. I am super irritated with the problem now. Just want some solution for the issue. I am desperate to get rid of the issue. Please guys help me in solving the issue.

You should make sure that the ATI 5850 graphics card which you are trying to install in your GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard is compatible with the device. Or it might happen that you are inserting the card in different slot. Make sure that the slot in which you are inserting the card is the right one. Also try using another PCI-e Slot and check out if the problem is solved or it still exists. I think you should most probably take help from someone with much more professional knowledge over this issue.

It seems like the PCI-e slot of your GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard is not working properly and showing signs of corruption. So, I feel that you probably need to repair it if possible or you will have to replace it with a new one. If you find your Motherboard to be within the warranty period then you should claim your warranty and get a new Motherboard in replacement of the old corrupt one. If there is not warranty period then you need to purchase it at its full cost.