Thread: Keyboard wont't work after restarting Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard

Keyboard wont't work after restarting Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard

I am just thinking whether anyone else is also having this issue or not. In recent times I have noticed that the keyboard of my Windows 7 running computer will work only after restaring the system. The computer is provided with a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard. None of my PS/2 keyboard or my USB keyboard is working in the system. And the issue only gets resolved after restarting the system, the cold boot. Please help me in finding the reason behind the issue and what I should do to solve the problem completely.

re: Keyboard wont't work after restarting Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard

You should most probably first of all make sure that you are not making any kind of issues while connecting your keyboards to the respective socket provided in your Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard. Also make sure that you are not connecting both the keyboard at the same time. If you do this, then for sure you won’t be able to connect keyboard to the motherboard as the BIOS of your system will be confused which keyboard should be taken and accessed for usage.

There is a possibility that you might not be connecting the USB of your USB keyboard properly and that is why there is an issue with the connection of the USB keyboard in your Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard. So, you should make sure that if you are unable to connect the keyboard to one USB port, try connecting the same on another USB ports available in your Motherboard. You should also make sure that you are connecting the basic PS/2 keyboard properly in its respective socket.

As you have mentioned that you are able to force your computer system with Windows 7 to detect your Keyboard by doing cold reset and then starting up your device. So, you should start the system in this way, and once you have entered the windows, please remember to update the BIOS of your Motherboard using the Original CD which came along with the System at the time of purchase. There might be some issue with the BIOS and that is why you are facing problems.

If you ask me, then I would suggest updating the BIOS of your Motherboard. Also make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers needed for the smooth functioning of your system. Once you have achieved all this thing, then try to establish connection between your system with Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard and your PS/2 or the USB keyboard. Updating the BIOS and other necessary drivers might help you solve the issue.

There might be some settings which might be the reason behind this unusual behavior of your hardware peripherals not getting detected by your computer system. What you need to do is go to the BIOS setting and change them to such an extent that they help you in establishing successful connection between the keyboards and your computer system. You can find for the necessary BIOS settings either on the user Guide or the manual of the Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard.

Re: Keyboard wont't work after restarting Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard

I am not sure about what might be causing the problem with your computer system which has got Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard installed in it. So, if you ask me, then in this case, most probably you will be required to take help from somebody who is very good in Motherboard usage and knows very well about their issues and solutions, someone with a good technical and paper knowledge about them. So, you most probably have to contact a computer store and ask the technical guy of the store to help you in the issue.