Thread: Getting less speed when VERTEX 3 SSD plugged on SATA 3 of gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

Getting less speed when VERTEX 3 SSD plugged on SATA 3 of gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

I have motherboard GA-X58A-UD3 and I just got my new 120 GB SSD Vertex 3, which is capable of reaching very high speeds read 550MB / s sequential test I've read. So I plugged in my SSD SATA port 3. After installation run as SSD for this outcome is much less than expected and I'm scratching my head frustrating to outline it why. Should I accept that in reality my mother did not really SATA 3 speeds even nevertheless you say that? And then connect my three vertices of a standard SATA port 2? Any help appreciated!

Re: Getting less speed when VERTEX 3 SSD plugged on SATA 3 of gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

The SATA3 motherboard is controlled by means of the Marvell 9128 chip. This driver was not at the level that be supposed to have and has by no means worked in the approved manner in SATA3 speeds. Just do not work with SATA2. In fact, Intel ICH10R SATA2 controller was in reality faster, so I imply you put your nice shiny new SSD in the first SATA2_0 port and that's where you get the preeminent speed out of it.

Re: Getting less speed when VERTEX 3 SSD plugged on SATA 3 of gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

P67 advice I have at my side and I can test the ability of SATA3 chipset on that board, since I'm running a RAID0 with SATA3 discs with no problems. I was surprised by the SATA3 issue and other core members and several I could point out. SATA3 just does not work with units. For a motherboard that is certainly attuned with the new P67 boards and the next meeting all the prop up SATA3 Z68 with the new chip from Marvell and Intel chip SATA3 well.

I have the same card as you. I think it's probably the most sensible way to go and can always use an extra card if you believe that is necessary in the future. I would commend a good addition to the card. CTFDDAC128MAG I have the C300. Your options are ICH10R, a RAID card or a new motherboard or RAID and PCI-X unit. I would imply compensate a little more and obtain the RocketRAID 640 that gives you supplementary ports for the future.

Marvell 9128 controller was not premeditated to prop up SSD. If you use one of the last three SSD SATA controller. Marvell accessible any time limits their performance. Marvell Drivers cannot hold the bandwidth and IOPS mass. The 267 mega-second figures for each unit of a known single disk. The ICH10R can handle much more in RAID mode, as each channel can handle about 267 mega per second. I do not know of any advice on the market that can be done without changing a potential high-end SSD