Thread: Unable to perform cold boot in Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Unable to perform cold boot in Asus P8P67 Deluxe

I am facing issue with my Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard of my 64-bit Windows 7 ultimate running computer system. Everything in my computer is working very well and good except when it comes to perform cold boot. However, all this time the main problem was that the system is not performing cold boot in the morning after it has been switched off the whole night. Every day, I have to disconnect the power cord and wait for few seconds before reattaching the power cord and starting the system. Unless and until I do the following the system won’t start.

Re: Unable to perform cold boot in Asus P8P67 Deluxe

The BIOS of your motherboard seems to have been damaged and is therefore faced with the issue while the computer starts. Therefore, in this case, I suggest installing all the drivers and BIOS Asus motherboard that is installed on your computer. You can use the original CD that came with your computer or motherboard when they were purchased. Insert the installation CD and install the drivers on your system. This will return the original BIOS that came with the motherboard at the time of purchase.

You may need to update the BIOS of your motherboard. Could it be that the BIOS is not updated and that is why you are unable to start your system unless you are done with the steps you have mentioned in your query post. Therefore, I recommend you to search online about it and download the latest update available for your Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard and install it in your 64 bit Windows 7 running system. Reboot and see the changes.

I recommend you visit the official website of Asus and find your particular Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard and look out for the latest available drivers update for your Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard which is used on your system. Once you have found the Motherboard, search for the updated drivers and download the same for your 64-bit version of Windows 7 operating System. Install the updated Bios and the drivers. It will give the users a better performing system.

I'm not sure if this could be a reason behind this unusual behavior of the computer's motherboard is in reality or not, but I firmly believe that the problem could be occurring because of some connection problem in the computer. So just make sure that the connections are adequate. And you are not having any loose connection on the computer. Make sure that neither the internal hardware, such as RAM, graphics card, etc. are more or less out. A loosely held computer peripheral can also cause the following problem with the system.

You may have changed some settings in the BIOS of your motherboard that is forcing these issues while you are trying to start the computer of their own. So according to me you probably should undo the following settings and see if the problem is solved or not. Make sure you are changing the settings on the right way. If you can not, then I recommend to take the help of someone who has expertise with respect to it. Disable some unneeded controllers in BIOS (like Realtek LAN, Marvell SATA, serial port, firewire) and check whether the issue is solved or not.

Thank you pals for the replies. I really appreciate the efforts and special thanks to the one who submitted the last suggestion. It was very kind of you people to post your quality replies so quickly just to make sure that I get my issue resolved in time. I followed the last suggestion and it solved my problems completely. Until now, I am not facing any kind of issue with the Motherboard or the BIOS of my system. Disabling those controllers really helped.