Thread: Won't connect to network with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

Won't connect to network with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

Hi, I was using the motherboard from the Gigabyte only, and never seen any such issue regarding the network, but as I replaced my current motherboard with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, and after installing this motherboard I am having different problem regarding the network connection. The troubles come into view after a restart where the Realtek adaptor is not detected and missing from the hardware list. After doing this and rebooting the adaptor it appears in the hardware list but along with this is giving an error code 10 saying unable to start. I am using the windows 7 on my machine, any idea how can we do we get out of this rid?

Re: Won't connect to network with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard

I think you need to install proper rather I would say appropriate network drivers, and let me tell you that it is very essential thing, that you have to install otherwise you’ll not be able to connect to the network, and I think this driver must be the disk that you have gotten with the motherboard, in the disk you’ll get the driver for the audio and the video and along with that this is also included. So first install that and see whether the problem occurs or not.

Make sure that you have on board LAN port, if you have that you need to connect the wire to that port only rather than any other ports, and after doing these you should try another thing also as completely clear the CMOS, from the motherboard by removing it and the reinsert it in its place, and then reboot the machine, It will wiped out all the unnecessary and the faulty cache, and you’ll be able to connect soon.

Have you ever changed the BIOS settings, because in that if you have made any wrong setting then also you’ll not be able to connect to the network so, according to me you should configure the BIOS setting properly, and if you are not getting about the setting, you can simply refer to the manual that is given to you, or simply make all the setting to their default, as this would be best option if you don’t know anything.

Change the BIOS that you are using in your current system, because of the inappropriate BIOS version may causes such a problem, that continuously keep away us from connecting to the network. in fact I would like to recommend you that you should use FB BIOS which is the latest one and non beta version, but still before installing this make sure that the BIOS is completely compatible with the hardware that you have. I have done the same thing when I was having this problem, and this suggestion is given by the Gigabyte support center only.

Hey thanks for the solution guys as this was really helpful, and yesterday only I have installed the BIOS that you have suggest me and now I am able to connect to network, but have some doubt like will the changes that I have made in the BIOS would fix the problem for ever or I’ll get some more woes afterwards? Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.