Thread: Boot_Device_Led is red constantly on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

Boot_Device_Led is red constantly on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

Hi friends recently I have I assembled my new computer. Once I was finished, I unfortunately had to recognize a pretty annoying problem. Upon startup-my screen stays black. So I opened my case and watched the POST LEDs do their work:
    • CPU - Check
    • Ram - Check
    • Graphicscard - Check
    • Boot Device - Failure

When removing the SATA-Cables from the mainboard, I unfortunately get the same error. I don’t know what is wrong with it and what I can really do to get rid of the same, Any suggestions? Is my Motherboard broken? And for your kind information below mentioned is the system configuration of mine:
    • Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
    • CPU: Intel i7 2600K
    • Graphicscard: ASUS EAH6970 DCII
    • RAM: 2x4GB ( single 8 GB Kit) - Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz CL8
    • PSU: Seasonic Gold 660W
    • HDDs: 1xWD Caviar Black 2TB 6GB/s - and another, slightly older, model of the same series : 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB 3 GB/s
    • Well, and a DVD-Recorder, also SATA

re: Boot_Device_Led is red constantly on Asus P8Z68-V Pro

Which Sata port did you use for your drives? Can you unplug all the sata cables from the board except for the main drive (I assume its the 2TB drive), does it still give you the same error? If yes, can you change the port and try again? Try to use the white sata ports as they are the sata3 (6gbs) ones. . I hope that you are getting me and also you be able to solve the issue without any complication.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that there must be a PSU matching problem so I guess you must have altered one or the other thing here is that BIOS settings here is the system must be changed I guess. I am sure that restoring it to default may help you because so now do one thing just try and restore in and get rid of the problem as soon as possible.

I have a similar problem, I also did and install today and when I start up the system all of the LED light cycle through fine except for the boot LED which stays lit. The screen sits at the ASUS screen. At first I thought the system was hung but after about 5 minutes it it went through the start up and allowed me to go into the BIOS. I've got all of the drivers loaded but every time I boot it up it sits at the ASUS window and the boot LED light stays lit for about 5 minutes then it runs fine. Also on a side note as in other subject posts the AISuite software won't load. I've liked ASUS boards in the past and this board was recommended by a number of computer sites but I having second thoughts because the quality is questionable. This is ridiculous very disappointed in ASUS.