Thread: Need Help with Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R, RAM and other settings

Need Help with Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R, RAM and other settings

I have a motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R (rev1) with i7 930 and working on it I have 6GB of DDR3 RAM in slots 2, 4 and 6, and I just bought another set of 6 GB of RAM is same type and size with the game brand and the number and installed RAM, but I am only able to get 8 GB of RAM enabled. The sample of 12 GB, but only 8 GB is activated. The RAM is 6 x 2GB sticks of Corsair XMS3 CMX6GX3M3A1600C9. It seems that the latter two clubs are now working, however, before adding the new poles in the last two slots had a stick and was working well. I have also deleted, moved and reinstate the RAM several times, and that blew all the dust on the PC in case it was.

Re: Need Help with Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R, RAM and other settings

Well, it is easy to solve. You know the biggest mistake he has done is left to the Auto settings. This is the problem that most people do. That may be fine for 6 GB of RAM, but it will not work with 12 GB. Therefore it is necessary to insert all times and voltages manually, correctly states that only required. Well, that gives you something to play for now. Palo and let us know how it goes.

The hours you need to be on the side of the modules (I expect the memory to 9-9-9-24). The memory voltage is 1.65v but due to the additional load on the memory controller is going to have to increase that to 1.7v. You need to place the multiplier of 2x multiplier Uncore your memory up to 2 x 2. You as well require to configure your QPI / VTT voltage and this is somewhat that varies so can only suggest that you start to 1.2V and try to lift as you have to find a stable voltage to a maximum of 1.45v.

I would not worry about the hard drives though; otherwise you may end up confused. Addressing the first report. Most of the adjustments that need to be found in the section of MIT or advanced features of the BIOS. Also your Uncore clock rate (multiplier) must be set 24 to 26 increased voltages 1.7v as seen and do not worry about the color change. It's just a warning. Yes that is the precise place to change the QPI / VTT, as it fix to the CPU.

Above all, the BIOS looks fine but I realize that you are still using the XMP support instead of manually entering times, etc. So to correct that. Your DRAM voltage is still a bit low 1.68v. Try to increase to 1.70v. You may have to put it on 1.72v to achieve this. This is the latest BIOS screen shots. As soon as you, make the changes you will see the difference so just do what I say if you want things to be done right.

My first question is who took these photos before it was saved and exited the BIOS after building transformation? Change the DRAM Timing Selectable Improve performance fast and too extreme. Download and run CPU-Z. Be able to tell that the slots are not considering the memory. I also think it might have sussed. Go to the Run command box and type msconfig and then opens to find the maximum memory configuration and change it to 12 GB. Save and exit. When you reboot you should see all the memory.

I do not know if this will help, but I realized I was running a 64-bit version of Windows. In the BIOS, you are advised to go to the Power Management settings and change the way HPET to 64-bit mode. I am using Windows 7 64 bit with this motherboard and the system will not work correctly even with the HPET mode setting 32-bit mode. I do not know if this will make any divergence in the current memory problem, but should not hurt to try to change this setting.