Thread: Asus p8z68-v pro motherboard is restarting at BIOS

Asus p8z68-v pro motherboard is restarting at BIOS

I have been using Windows XP running computer. The computer is supported by Asus p8z68-v pro motherboard. From the last 1 week I have noticed that my system is showing issues when I am starting it. Actually the problem is that whenever I am starting my computer, it will start normally until it reaches the BIOS screen. Here the system will shut down for some 2-3 seconds and then restart normally like nothing happened. Can anyone tell me what might be causing the issue with my device? Please help me.

Re: Asus p8z68-v pro motherboard is restarting at BIOS

I am not sure whether this could be a reason behind this unusual behavior of the motherboard of your computer is actually this or not, but I strongly feel that the issue might be occurring because of some connection issue in your computer. So, you should just make sure that the connections are proper. And you are not having any loose connection with your computer. Make sure that neither the internal hardware like the RAM, Graphics card etc are loosely held. A loosely held hardware peripheral can also cause the following issue with your system.

You might have changed few settings in your BIOS of your Motherboard which is forcing this kind of issues while you are trying to start the computer of yours. So most probably you should undo the following settings and then check whether the issue gets solved or not. Make sure that you are changing the settings in the right way. If you are unable to do so, then I would recommend you to take help from someone who has got the technical knowledge regarding the same.

Thank you, guys for posting your quality replies. I am touched with your gesture. I tried as mentioned by you people. Checked the connections and everything seems to be working perfectly fine. And as for the settings in the BIOS, I don’t remember anything which I might have done with it. So, I did not tried anything with the BIOS setting of the Motherboard. But unfortunately, nothing help me resolve the issue. I am still facing the same issue while starting my computer. Please help me guys.

The BIOS of your Motherboard seems to have got corrupted and which is why you are facing the issue while you are starting your computer. So, in this case I want to suggest you to install all the necessary drivers and BIOS for your Asus Motherboard which is installed in your computer. You can use the original CD which came along with the computer or the Motherboard when you had purchased them. Insert the Drivers CD and install the drivers in your system. This will get you back the original BIOS which came along with the Motherboard at the time of purchase.

I would recommend you to visit the official website of Asus and search for your particular Asus Motherboard and look out for the latest available updated drivers available for the following Motherboard which you are using in your system. The problem might also occur if the drivers which you have installed for your Hardware support are outdated. Installing the latest available updated version of all the drivers will provide the user with a better performing system.

I also faced similar kind of issue with the Asus motherboard sometimes back. I also had the similar Motherboard and the issue seems to be very common in it. The issue occurs when the memory or CPU overclocking settings are not successfully booting at the time of start up. So, I would suggest you to reset the BIOS settings to its stock settings. Make sure that you save the changes. Once you have done the following reboot your system and check for the changes. Clearing the CMOS of your BIOS might also help you solve the issue.

Hello all,

I have the same problem with
    p8z68 v pro , i7-2600k, stock cooler (no over clocking)
    Gskill Ripjaws 1600 2x2GB CL9D

How should we reset to stock CPU and memory timing settings?

Is it just loading the bios defaults?

Thanks for the help

Resetting of CMOS might do the trick. i hope that you know how to do it. However if this is not the right option for you then you need to adjust the CPU clock speed rather than resetting it. There are 2 numbers which must be changed and they are bus speed and a multiplier. Setting the bus speed is very complicated task but you can set the multiplier which tells the final clock speed depending on the bus speed. Just make sure that you are setting it to proper multiple

On the other hand the memory timings is not necessary required but it can be done in BIOS if the BIOS detects the SPD from RAM modules. The speed is in MHZ. For more information you can go through your motherboard manual for proper value of memory timing settings.