Thread: UEFI bios is not giving proper information

UEFI bios is not giving proper information

I am having the MSI P67A-GD53 and from the day when I bought that, I found that it is not working properly and not giving me the accurate details. Like the temperature was incorrect, mouse was useless to nevigate. It is giving me wrong reading. When I checked that with my multimeter then I found that the readings were not matching. There are many more wrong details like this. Can you please tell me that why this is happening to me and how can I resolve the problem?

Thank you!!!

Re: UEFI bios is not giving proper information

I think that for you, it’s time for you to update the BIOS to the latest. May be outdated BIOS is causing the issue for you. So see for the latest BIOS available and update it to that. There are many of the similar cases where updating the BIOS resolves the issue. So this is the first thing that you will have to consider in the cases like this. So do the update and let us know that if it is working for you or not.

I have found that in the MSI BIOS the mouse navigation is very poor. I hope that they will fix that issue as soon as possible. I just came to know to live with the temperature errors through going to Core Temp intended for my temp readouts. There is no method that my CPU can be at less than room temp. So this are not the things only with you. It is common to all of us. We can do nothing other than waiting so that this can be resolved.

Updating the BIOS will be a good idea to resolve this problem. But my recommendation to you is not to go for the live update. That is not working many of the times. What you can do is just download the new BIOS to the USB stick and from there with the help of M-Flash. This is one of the most possible ways by which you will be able to get out of the issue. So if you have done the live update and not getting it resolved then you can go for the M-Flash and there are more chances that it will resolve the problem for you.

After reading your post, I think that this is all happening because of the CMOS. So if you are doing the update to your BIOS then you should also clear the CMOS. Many people don’t do this after updating the BIOS and as a result of that they started getting issues. So do this and see if this is able to help you to get out of the problem or not. I hope that this post will be helpful to you to resolve the issue. Good Luck.

IF you are getting any problem with that and not able to resolve that then you can directly make a contact with the MSI and ask them about the same. They will tell you that what you will have to do to resolve the problem and what are the possible ways by which it can be resolved. This is the best and the safest way by which you can do that. If I would be at your place then I would have done the sa me and so I am recommending you this.