Thread: Intel i5 2500K temperature with intelBurnTest

Intel i5 2500K temperature with intelBurnTest

I recently ran the quick test and I put the stress level to high and after that the maximum temperature that I got from one of the core was 54 C. Now I am not overclocking however and I comprise the Corsair H70 hydro cooler for it. Is this satisfactory temps or is it possible that the cooler not functioning correctly? I cannot imagine that what is going to happen when I will start OC'n. Please suggest me something guys. Thank you!!!

re: Intel i5 2500K temperature with intelBurnTest

Yes, this looks a bit high. In my case, with the 4.4ghz (1.285V) the idle temperature is 29C and at full load this goes to 52C and the ambient temp is 24C. I think that you would have to check the thermal paste also verify the contact from the processor. After these, you can also do the upgrade for the fan lying on the Corsair H70 with better fan and this will help you to reduce the temperature of your system. I hope that this is going o help you.

If you have set all the things to the default factory then I don’t this is bad in your case. From the autovolt setting, set the VCore to the auto from the BIOS. So you can try to change the voltage and see does it make any difference in the temperature. Just check that how far you can got on assumed voltage. You will get that the OC cannot actually modify the temps. It's the related voltage increases which will do. If you can maintain temps while IBT tests and if that is <80°C then this will be alright.

I am having the thermaltake level 10 gt. It have two 120mm fans. One of them is there on side and other is on the top. But both of them are not useful. At the time when I was assembling the computer then I understood that they would be blowing in therefore I put the fans on h70 so throws air out as well although they mentioned that it's superior to include them. I am going to reverse the fan and see that if it is going to make any difference in that.

You should be more careful about that. Even if you are adding many fans in your computer then also you will not able to get cold air within that. There are many people who are ducting AC in the computer but it can make issues with that. It cannot be cooler than surrounding air. Devoid of going to a few elaborate cooling setups, the most excellent thing you can perform for your computer is to inferior the air around it. Either turn AC up in room otherwise place the PC in a room that is cooler to start with.