Thread: what is Intel E8500 Confidential Chip

what is Intel E8500 Confidential Chip

I have just ordered the an intel chip that I ordered from online account there are still many things that I don ‘t know about that hence there are many things out there which are still not known like the one that I have got from the intel co-operation these are the chips that I have got from intel co-operation , i received that chip form the company via a courier service and the chip was wrapped with a intel E8500 with the confidential tag around , does any one knows what was that .

Re: what is Intel E8500 Confidential Chip

I think is a special edition that is released by the Intel company for it new visitors may be I don ‘t know , am also hearing this for the first time , I searched the Google and many other forums sites and that came up with the results that stated that these chip needed more voltage than the normal one , so just check out by trying it out as there is nothing wrong in trying thatas you may only get to know about that by trying that out .

I have heard this word before and that "Intel Confidential" means that the chip is a concluding manufacture illustration. I suppose these be delivered to that laboratory and other the outsized OEM associates as a result they can dribble the tire previous to Intel heave the generate on full-blown put on the market manufacture. There's characteristically no differentiation stuck between one of these and the put up for sale chip it correspond to - particularly for newer production like the Core 2 sequence.

The single exemption with the intention of I be on familiar terms with of somewhere a confidential chip is dissimilar from the put on the market version come on or after the near the beginning days of the Pentium 4 Extreme publication. At with the purpose of time Intel's flagship motionless had a protected multiplier. Manufacturing sample of these chips on the other hand over from time to time come by means of a semi-unlocked multiplier so you possibly will modify it surrounded by a slender variety.

I just don‘t understand why do still the Intel co-operation is sending me such labs test chip when they have already released a this chip long time ago , they why this beta chip is send to me , I am not a lab tester as this is the forst time I have ordered this Intel chip , does any one has a reply for this ,I am sure that was a mistake from the company side as I have been delivered a wrong chip in my hands .