Thread: 8 Physical Cores vs. hyper threading at 4 Cores

8 Physical Cores vs. hyper threading at 4 Cores

I want to compare the two different processor performances and they are 4 cores hyper threading technology based and the other is to be the 8 physical cores. Thanks in advance.

Re: 8 Physical Cores vs. hyper threading at 4 Cores

The technique of the hyper-threading technology based processor is to be the core processor is waiting for something. It can hang up the present thread and run a second one. This is to be done because the original thread is once again ready to run. This is the completely the synchronization of the process and this will be help to improve the performance of the processor. Then I think the performance of the two processors is being almost similar.

In theory hyper threading allows a multiprocessing facility. This is to be happen if the processor is to be supports the hyper threading technology. Otherwise the processor will be work normally. I read some article and then I realized that, if a 4-core machine supports hyper threading then it will be available at 8 virtual processors will be available. Hence, I think this to be possible that the 4 core processor will be gives the 8 core performance using this hyper technology.

In this case, we would want standard from two machines. In this machine using the same hardware peripherals except for the CPU and motherboard. This type of systems will be indicating the actual performance difference. In today’s world this is not possible. Hence we can only guess that the difference between the performance. If the particular CPU has to be gives the specific configuration then it will be its minimum configuration. There is possibility that its performance is being increase.

In this case, we would want standard from two machines. In this machine using the same hardware peripherals except for the CPU and motherboard. This type of systems will be indicating the actual performance difference. In today’s world this is not possible. Hence we can only guess that the difference between the performance. If the particular CPU has to be gives the specific configuration then it will be its minimum configuration. There is possibility that its performance is being increase.

This Hyper-threading is an Intel-proprietary technology. It is specially designed for the Intel processor. This technology helps to get better parallelization of computations execution on PC microprocessors. It doesn’t mean that it will be double the performance of the processor in normal language. Hence as per my thinking the 8 Physical Cores processor is to be the best choice. Then use this in your system and you got the good result.