Thread: How to disable overcloking in Asus P8Z68-V PRO with Intel Core i5-2500k

How to disable overcloking in Asus P8Z68-V PRO with Intel Core i5-2500k

Hi, I have build a very good RIG for my machine, I hope so, as I have installed Intel Core i5-2500k and an Asus P8Z68-V PRO motherboard, but don’t know I am having troubles in booting, I mean to say the system starts itself at the start up with the error message overcloking fail. So I think this is the error because of the overclocking, isn’t it ? but I don’t know how to disable the overclocking from the BIOS, can anybody help me with this?

re: How to disable overcloking in Asus P8Z68-V PRO with Intel Core i5-2500k

Yeah you can do that by entering in to the BIOS, and in that you can see all the information about the CPU and the their speed and other hardware specifications, so from there you can have option for overclock tuner, I think that must be set to manually, if yes then according to me the problem Is from there only, and you have to make it automatic only.

Yeah as the above use mentioned you must have to set the overclocking tuner to its default, and I am not sure that there will be any other option as well or not, but if suppose get any such option that directly says disable then that’s well and good you must select that option only. and yeah the most important thing after setting them is to save those settings otherwise after next rebooting, you’ll get the setting change back to previous one.

Overclocking just means to run the hardware above its recommended limit, so for that no software is needed to disable it, rather you can make use of the official website of your hardware and from there you can see the specifications of your hardware, and along with that the recommended speeds also for the CPU fan and the many more things, so from the BIOS you need to change those settings and then save it.

This is the good option as you can set and run the hardware in lower voltage, but if suppose you didn’t get the proper idea about what to set, I would say you can have option to make it default, you can always set it if you have done any wrong setting in the BIOS, so you should make all the settings to their default first and then see whether this problem occurs or not.

I am just wondering because you are the only person I have seen who got the hardware that is specially made for the users who actually wants to overclock the machine, I mean to say the series that you have 2500K is specially made for that purpose only, so if you don’t want to overclock then you can have option to get another CPU for yourself rather than working with this one, because I don’t thing there would be any option for disabling the overcloiking.