Thread: Getting poor benchmark score for the Pentium Core2Quad Q4800

Getting poor benchmark score for the Pentium Core2Quad Q4800

Recently I have upgraded my computer from Pentium Dual Core 2160 to the Pentium Core2Quad Q4800. I have over clocked the to the 3.2 GHz. The scoring seems to be quite poor than that of the powerful processor. I am unable to figure out why the processor of mine is unable to produce lower result than that of the Q6600 model. Let me know if you are having any solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting poor benchmark score for the Pentium Core2Quad Q4800

Well looking at the situation I wanted to share something which would help you out to understand the situation appropriately. The testing for the CPU benchmark could same as the extra MB into the Q6600 L2cache. You have to simply run as a actual game benchmark when you have to install the 5870. So you should try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

I wanted to know what other benchmarks you have tried and what score you are having with you? Personally I have used the crystal marks for a while and I loved the two CPU benchmarks test . I let you know that it would not utilize the cache but it would utilize the cores. I recommend that you should run the same on the CPU of yours and let me know the score. After examining the score I will let you know whether it is normal or there is an issue with the CPU itself.

I let you know that the Core2Quad Q4800 is not superior than of the Q6600. It is dependent on the thing which you are supposed to do would lower down the speed of the CPU clock. Also you have not mentioned the exact score comparing the overclocked CPU speed and Stock speed. You should try with any other bench mark and figure out the thing. It is impossible to find out the performance of the CPU after using the single benchmark.

I have figure out the thing why it is happening in the situation of mine. I have went to the default settings to the BIOS and I have noticed that unnecessary voltage into the CPU as a part of the overclocking. It was providing 1.55V than that of the default 1.2v. I think it would not be enough to make the thing working. I have done BIOS settings to Manual than of the Auto or default after doing the same the CPU of mine started to get the normal voltage.

I think you have used the auto over clocking. The motherboard of mine is having an option of 2%, 5% and 7% auto option. It would also increase the voltages and also provides the percentage increase of the CPU. I have overclock the CPU of mine and I have kept the voltage to get the 20% overclock and it should be working stable and see whether it is working or not.