Thread: Getting Checksum error after upgrading CPU on HP dv7-2173cl

Getting Checksum error after upgrading CPU on HP dv7-2173cl

Well I am having the HP Pavilion dv7-2173cl from past couple of days. Recently I have installed Intel Core 2 Duo Xtreme 3.06 Ghz X9100 on the laptop of mine. after installing the CPU I have boot the computer of mine and it was prompting with the error message which can be stated as "Checksum Error" Let me know why I am getting the above mentioned issue on the Laptop of mine. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting Checksum error after upgrading CPU on HP dv7-2173cl

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the BIOS of the motherboard which you are having on the system of yours. Well I recommend that you have to install the latest version of BIOS on the motherboard of yours. you can get the latest version of BIOS from the official website and install the same on the motherboard of yours. so you should be careful while doing the same because it might kill the motherboard of yours.

I am not sure but there could be compatibility issue with the motherboard and CPU which you have installed on the laptop of yours. I think the CPU which you have installed might be quite more faster than that of the other component. So I think you have to get the mother board which might be compatible with the CPU which you have installed on the computer. So try the same and let me know about the same.

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you have to contact the HP technical support for further help. You can contact them through hotline or email them. You have to tell them about the issue which you are getting and let you know about the possible solution to fix the matter of yours. I am hoping that the HP technical support team would help you out to fix the matter of yours.

I wanted to say thanks to all the guys for helping me out over here. I tried with the updating the BIOS but it did not worked for me at all. Now I have decided that I am going to contact the HP technical support team for further help. Anyway I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot for replying with the possible solutions.