Thread: What is the Processing Power Difference in Intel i3, i5, i7?

What is the Processing Power Difference in Intel i3, i5, i7?

Hey guys! I am planning to get a Dell Desktop XPS 8300. But I am getting little bit confused with choosing the processor. Can anyone tell me for what purpose or software you would choose the i3, i5, or i7 processor? I have come up with all my needs but still it is changing. I am not sure about what I am going to do in another few years so I want my system that last for many years. So anyone please tell me about the processing power of all the three processor.

Re: What is the Processing Power Difference in Intel i3, i5, i7?

As you know that all the processors are from the Intel which is leading the processor market from years. All the three processors have a difference in it. i3 beats up the computing power that was earlier given by the core 2 duo series. So, if you are going for the simple home based laptop then you can go with the core i3, but if you are searching for a business use then you should go with the core i5, and if you are searching for the best computing experience then you can go with the core i7 which gives you the power of supercomputer. But amongst all the three processor you will core i7 a little bit costlier but it is of full worth.

Core i3 processors are for performing simple tasks most likely listing to the music and normal tasking.
    Core i5 processors gives you little boost for using your email, internet, viewing photos and also videos.
    Core i7 processors are the ultimate smart processor which is for creation of the multimedia and also for multitasking.
    So for normal computing you can get the core i5 processor which is best for your use I think. Also you can have all the basic things that are required.

I suggest you to go with the core i5, which is better than i3 in handling multitasking. Since the core i5 is having the hyper-threading which is most ideal for the use in home and for your business. But if you are searching for a very good computing and want for gaming purpose then you can settle with the core i7 processor. But going with the core i7 processor will make you cost somewhat more that other two processors.

Core I 3 consists of 2-4 cores but depends on you which one to get. Core i5 is also having the 2-4 cores but it has the higher clock speed as compared to the Core i3. But core i7 comes with the 8 threads which can perform your work faster. But core i3 and core i5 both have 4 threads. But core i5 uses hyper threading which gives a boost to the performance. So I suggest you to go with the core i5 processor.

If we speak about the cache of the processor then core i3 consists of 3-4 MB of cache whereas core i5 consists of 3-8 MB of cache but core i7 consist of 4-8 MB of cache which is the high if we talk about the cache. Core i7 is specially made for the intensive gamers and those who want a very good experience like using the supercomputers. But if you are not an intensive gamer then you can use the core i5 which is normal for doing all the processes that we require.