Thread: Coprocessor missing in HP Pavilion dv2715nr after installation of windows 7

Coprocessor missing in HP Pavilion dv2715nr after installation of windows 7

I just did a custom install of the windows 7 in my hp laptop. So after the custom installation of the windows 7, I found out that the co processor is missing in it. Now the word co processor will sound strange to you, still I don’t have any idea about the same. so I just want to ask you all guys that what si the effect of the co processor on the laptop, can you all please tell me. I have noticed that after the custom installation done in the laptop I have noticed that some of the most important buttons in the keypad of the laptop such as quickplay and dvd touch buttons, so not work at all. so what do you all have to say here, what could have gone wrong during the installation? Please do guide me through this I want some help from you all.

Re: Coprocessor missing in HP Pavilion dv2715nr after installation of windows 7

May be a driver issue it seems, so for that I would advise you to check out the HP Quick Lunch Buttons driver. You will find it in the official website i.e. HP. So do watch out for the same and also I am very much interested in knowing which was the operating system that you were using earlier? Do let me know about it. Since it is very much important to know about it as well. So do reply accordingly and we will surely think over the suggestions.

See co processor is used for the supplementary functions of the processor. So that’s what I want to say here. Yes if the co processor fails then it will lead to the functions like the one that you are facing right now. So better do not worry about the same here. Go and get the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver for your laptop and that will fix the problem. I think. So better give a try for the said solution here and if that works then do let me know about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here and hence appreciate the efforts that you have taken over here. Well I upgraded it from windows vista to the windows 7. So what’s that has to do ver here, in order to solve the problem. So guys please do help me out here and solve out the issue for me. The two suggestions that you gave I will surely look on the same. So thanks for the suggestions and the solutions I will surely have a look at the drivers and see to it that the problem does gets solved for me.

See if you are talking about the QuickPlay buttons then let me tell you look out for the c:\swsetup folder, also there are may models that are available right now which surely does work well with the windows 7 named as Your model to Vista. I would also advise you to look for the HP QuickPlay Web Update file. That may be an added advantage for you. so better check out the necessary files and you will be getting the necessary solution. In case if it does not work out then do let em know about it, we will think of some other solutions for the problem.

Hey thanks a lot for the solution. Well let me tell you that NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver did solve the issue for me. so thanks a ton for the same and hence appreciate your efforts for the same here. I mean I never expected this solution to work for me over here and hence thanks a ton for the solutions that you have suggested here.