Thread: Unable to detect memory in Dell dimension

Unable to detect memory in Dell dimension

I have a dell dimension computer desktop and there is a problem in the Dell dimension computer desktop and the problem is that it is unable to detect memory in Dell dimension. But in this case the RAM is located in the CPU but when I start the computer a beep sound occurs and it says that there is no RAM in the Dell dimension. And at the back side there are two yellow lights and rest of them have the green light and this signal indicates that this is the issue with the RAM memory. The RAM is inserted inside the CPU but then also it is saying that there is no RAM in the memory.

Re: Unable to detect memory in Dell dimension

Try to remove the RAM and then insert it properly and see whether it is inserted properly or not if not then remove it and then insert it properly. And then you have to make sure that the RAM you have inserted is matching with the pairs or not. And then check whether the RAM you have inserted is matching with the model of the computer if not then purchase the RAM which is specially certified to the model you are using. And then you have to remote one pair and then make sure that you put the blank plates again. And then you have to test one pair again.

Even though the problem is with the RAM memory I think that you can upgrade the Ram memory in very easy and effective way. You have to just boost the computer performance and then you have to insert the RAM in the CPU and make sure the Ram you have inserted is supportable by the model of the dell dimension. And in this your computer can perform in 512MB of Ram or even less, or I think you can also insert 1024MB of Ram. But which operating system you are using. But I think if you are using the operating system of XP and windows VISTA you have to use at least 512 or 1024 MB of Ram or you can also use 2048 MB of RAM. But the important thing is that you have to insert the RAM which is supportable by the dell model.

Be sure that the memory you have inserted is supportable by the model that you are using if it is not supportable then you should purchase the Ram. If you are ready to purchase the RAM then I would strongly recommend you that you should crucial memory as the best value in terms of quality and price. I use the My Space PC. I think that you should upgrade the memory.

From the discussion going on I think that you should insert the RAM properly in the memory slot of the CPU and don’t leave the blank plates empty and the name of the blank plates is the continuity module. And in the old RIMM system you should not leave the memory slot empty either you have to add the memory stick in continuity module. They are looking like an empty memory stick.

I am little bit confused about the answer but I want to recommend you that I know that we have to inset the memory in certain slots that are allotted to the bios to insert the Ram but I think that they have changed. I am not fully sure. The chips you have purchased are very expensive if there is no problem with the money then I think that you can purchase the new computer by adding some money in that. I think that problem is with the memory chip remove it and then insert in the slot properly. Hope this helps you.

I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions but I would like to suggest you that remove the RAM and then insert it properly and see whether it is inserted properly or not and see whether assuming you got memory that was specifically certified for that model computer? And then purchase the RAM which is suitable to the model you are using.