Thread: BSOD after updating BIOS of Alienware area-51

BSOD after updating BIOS of Alienware area-51

Hi guys, yesterday night I updated the BIOS of my Alienware area-51 non ALX. I updated it from A03 to A10. After updating the BIOS I restarted the system and continued. But after restarting my system I came across this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) showing some hardware error and then restarting the system again and then giving some screen with options like safe mode and all. The computer system was working very well until I had done the upgradation of the BIOS. I am running 64-bit Windows 7 Operating System in my system. Can anyone tell me what must have caused the BSOD issue in my computer and what possibly can be done to solve the issue.

Re: BSOD after updating BIOS of Alienware area-51

I would recommend you to restart your computer system in safe mode and then check out what must have really caused the issue. According to me the problem might have occurred due to some issue in the registry entries while you updated your BIOS. So, in this I would recommend you to use some registry cleaner and optimizer and clean your registry keys. You can use any third party software like the CCleaner or Tune Up Utilities in your computer and install it in your system.

If you are able to log on to you Windows 7 running computer using the Safe Mode, then I would recommend you to perform System Restore in your system and undo the changes which you did by installing the latest updates for your BIOS. Before performing System restore, make sure that you have taken backup of all your important data as all the data which were stored after the restore point which you choose at the time of System restore, will get deleted from your system permanently.

I would recommend you to reinstall all the necessary drivers for your system including the BIOS. You can use the Drivers CD which you must have received at the time purchasing your device. Insert the original Drivers CD of your system and install all the drivers in your system. This will reset all the manual settings which you have done in your system. Once you have installed the older version of BIOS, restart your system whenever your system recommends for the same.

You can also download the necessary drivers for your system by visiting the official website of DELL and searching for the Alienware system which you have got with you. Once you have found the device, search for its drivers and you will get a list of all the drivers which can be installed in your system. Scroll down for your Motherboards BIOS (make sure you are selecting the older version which was working well in your system) and install it in your system.

According to me, if none of the above solution helps you solve the issue then there is some kind of issue with the Operating System which is installed in your system. So, in this case the only solution which you are left with is either restoring the Windows 7 Operating system in your computer or reinstalling the Operating system in your computer. You can choose any as per your chance. Reinstalling the OS will definitely solve all your problems.

If the issue has occurred to my system then I would have preferred taking help from somebody with much more technical knowledge then what I posses. It can prove to be little risky to experiment with your system and try solving the issue by yourself. So, I would recommend you to search for a Dell Store in your nearby area and get your problem solved by calling up the technician at your place and installing all the necessary required files and drivers in your system.