Thread: Comparison of 1st and 2nd Generation Intel i3,i5 and i7 processors

Comparison of 1st and 2nd Generation Intel i3,i5 and i7 processors

Hello everyone I need a good advise from you all as if which one would be better whether it’s the first or the second generations processor of the Intel. In case if any of you all who don’t know which are the first generation processors of Intel then they are i3-390M,i5-580M,i7-2630M and while the second generation are the 3-2310M,i5-2540M, i7-2820M. so tell me which one were better and hence do reply according to me on the same. so I am waiting for the necessary suggestions from you all, do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: Comparison of 1st and 2nd Generation Intel i3,i5 and i7 processors

That’s an interesting question that you have asked here. Well certainly there are some differences that you can find out. However there are some that needs immute detailing. So for that I would advise you all to check the link here http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?id...52,52227,52219. Here you will get the necessary information on the comparison of the products. There is a nice table that has been made which will classify all the six processors. So do have a look at it and let me know if that was of any help for you.

Ok I need to ask a question with you all. the question will sound simpler to you but it seems a lot of people are saying that 2 core chip have 4 threads? How is that so? I am having the core duo processor and there for each core it is having only one core then why is that people are saying that 2 core chip have 4 threads? Is is that each core is having two threads? If it is that so then I have not heard of, please do let me know about your opinions as well. It will be a good thing to discuss over here.

Yes that’s absolutely true. Whatever you have heard are quite correct nd hence what I want to say is that the technology for the same is known as muti threading where in majority of the intel first and the second generation processors do support multi threading. Added cores will give much added chance for multi tasking and hence more the cores double will be the performance. So hope you have got the necessary information on the same.

Coming back to the main question if we compare the Clock Speed of the processors then the first generation processors are a bit ahead of the second generation processors. Also the core 13 and 15 of the first generation processors come up with the inbuilt graphics support which is not seen in the second generation processors. However if you compare the memory bandwidth of both of them then you can find that second generation processors are having a much better bandwidth then the first generation processors. So this si what the information that I have got for you all I hope you do enjoyed it.

Thanks a ton guys for the important information that you have given here. Appreciate that you have given some important link over here. The link that you have given was quite helpful for me and hence thanks a lot guys. You all have really saved my day. It was so much beneficial for me.