Thread: How to unlock and stabilize overclocked phenom 555 be on asus board

How to unlock and stabilize overclocked phenom 555 be on asus board

I had purchased a laptop before 6 months ago. It configuration is amazing. I had assembled this computer self. I have attempted doing the steadiness test in AOD with all 3 tests per cpu but the calculation test fails on core 2 as well. Although the other 2 tests (cpu and fpu) work and the other 2 cores do not have any problems with it no matter what core combinations I turn on in the bios. But I didn’t get the problem. I want to know how to unlock and stabilize overlocked phenom 555be on asus board. Please response me as soon as possible.

re: How to unlock and stabilize overclocked phenom 555 be on asus board

Since AMD does not issue how many of their chips they consider can be unlocked successfully, the possibility of stability is very hard to quantify. The most excellent rule to go by is not to purchase a chip depending on it to release, but as a bonus characteristic only. I have not heard much about the 545 being unlocked, but if the Early Phenom II x3 chips are any indication (710/720BE) then it will almost certainly be as likely to unlock as a 550, just tougher to overclock (since locked multiplier).

Hello and thanks for the replies and input. I have already attempted keeping 3 cores up stopping 1 core at a time and running the tests and the similar results always core1 does not pass the test even though which combo I select. Yes everything is running on stock and I have the latest bios. What version bios are you utilizing? So I want to suggest you that you should use the current version BIOS. According to me you should go at the service center.

I am definite AMD has lots of dissimilar probable reasons to be locking cores. No matter what the reason is that it does not work as a 4 core, if it works as a 2 core they sell it as a 2 core. Even though it appears like a weird condition you have there. If it always fails on the similar core, no matter which ones you have turned on or turned off. It sounds approximately similar to the cores themselves are ok; it is an issue with the communication between every core, or something along those lines perhaps. Maybe a memory controller issue. Is your memory setup a solo or dual channel? Whichever it is, attempt switching it and see what occurs then.

Well, I have the correct CPU and motherboard. I was attempting to click 4 GHz dual core but appears like I might have to go over 1.5V. I do not like that so now attempting to observe if I can find quad core at 3.6 (stock vcore). I attempted lower but computer reboots. Do you have the most recent BIOS? If you cannot find cores unlocked, attempt to overlock the 2 cores at supply volts. Some people find 3.8 - 4.0 around stock, not me though. So at least once you should do like this.

Re: How to unlock and stabilize overclocked phenom 555 be on asus board

Hey I am having a trouble I am capable to Unlock my processor to 3 Cores do you believe I can unlock it to quad my voltages are stock one only allowed to run free it and set it to per core three cores it waits in the log in screen when I place it to quad core someone can please assist me get me quad core unlocked. My system configuration is given as below:
    HTML Code:
    m4a785td-Evo 
    4 Gbs Of RAM
    Phenom II X2 550 Be Unlocked To X4 b50 Stock GHz 3.1 But I Only Have It on 3 Cores humbug Get 4th Idk Why require aid. 
    ATI Radeon Hd 5770 1Gb unique Factory Card 
    Windows 7 32 Bit.

Re: How to unlock and stabilize overclocked phenom 555 be on asus board

Hi now I surprising if someone can assist me. I have an AMD phenom II x2 550 and a Gigabyte GA-MA786gm-us2h F7 BIOS. I have attempted to unlock this processor but every time I enable 'Hybrid' mode and put ACC to auto, every cores, or per core it will just automatically stop ACC on boot. I have also attempted this with an Athlon x2 5000 am2+ and unlocked the other 2 cores but I do not know why it is turning off ACC for the phenom? Please assist me as much as possible.