Thread: Corsair Vengeance RAM with CPU Heat sink + Asus p8p67 MoBo

Corsair Vengeance RAM with CPU Heat sink + Asus p8p67 MoBo

I am currently in the process of setting up my new computer. I am planning to get into with the following configuration:
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67-PRO v3
    CPU: Intel i5-2500K LGA 1155
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    I am searching for a good CPU cooler that can fit with my 2 vengeance memory sticks. I was thinking of Noctua NH-D14, after some of the research I found that many people says that this motherboard and vengeance memory will have trouble with the NH-D14. I would like to know that, which will fit with my x2 vengeance on this motherboard?

Re: Corsair Vengeance RAM with CPU Heat sink + Asus p8p67 MoBo

If you want a better CPU cooler, you can go along the dual channel kit. And you can set the RAM perfectly. If you want a pretty reputed one, then you can go on with the Gskill. But I stick on with the corsair dominator series which are also good. You can select either one of them. To select a good CPU cooler it all depends on the type of RAM. Also if you want you can search on the google that which Ram will fit the best for your Noctua NH-D14.

Before you purchase the x2 Corsair Vengeance RAM, ask the shop keeper whether you will be able to replace the memory module with any other module if NH-D14 and corsair dominator series will not be able to fit. So this will help you to exchange the memory module that will fit perfectly with the NH-D14. It is also good if for Sandy Bridge you get a 1.5v memory module. Some of them will have low memory profile such as Gskill and Mushkin.

NH-D14 is a great cooler, it supplies efficient airflow with all the standard size memory modules. You can go on the Noctua’s official website and find the RAM that is compatible with it, you will find a list of manufacturers and the model that is compatible with it. I find that if you are using a DDR3 RAM module then it is not compatible with Corsair Vengeance. But you can check out for other models of Corsair which are compatible.

If it does not fit with the Noctua NH-D14, then try removing the heat spreaders that are present on the RAM. It seems that they are of no use. Once you remove it then you will find an open option to choose the CPU cooler that you want. They are simply made of the aluminum, and you can remove it completely. Once you remove them you can also OC them to make them stable. But remove it carefully from the sides.

I think you are lucky! I am having ASUS P8P67 Pro with Corsair vengeance 2 x4GB (CAS 9) and also Noctua NH-D14. I am using it from nearly 5-6 months and I have not yet got any problems with it. If you want to put the Vengeance in the Noctua NH-D14, then you have to remove the heat spreaders of the vengeance. And it also to remove them it is not of much difficult. You can just cut it with a knife and remove it from the sides. Also you will be needed to remove the glue from the chip.