Thread: Suggestions on Intel Mobile Processor Compatibility

Suggestions on Intel Mobile Processor Compatibility

A few months ago I tried to carry out processor upgrades for Dell Inspiron 1150 from a relative. The 1150 had a socket 478 Celeron mobile hot performance and the poor. After making a perfunctory investigation I thought I knew what he was doing and bought a Socket 479 Pentium M. Needless to say, that did not fit. So I did some research and found myself immersed in the world of confusion, mobile outlets. And it took me a while to figure things out. Recently, after reading a few threads of processor upgrades, I thought about doing a guide. That would be fun. So can not be that this is my first guide on NBR and although it was more of a table and may or may not be very useful, it should at least make a reasonable reference for those interested in improving Intel

Re: Suggestions on Intel Mobile Processor Compatibility

So this is my first guide on NBR and although this is more than one table may or may not be very useful, it should at least make a reasonable reference for those interested in the improvement of mobile processors from Intel. This guide does not describe all Intel mobile processors. Processors older than the Pentium 4-M and Celeron partners have been omitted. Some chip sets Pentium 4-M, Mobile Pentium 4 and Celeron members may also be absent. Intel mobile processors today can fit one of four mobile outlets. These are Socket 478 laptops , 479, M and P. using sockets 478 and 479 is no longer produced and the use of Socket 478 laptops are becoming few and far between. Four 478-pin found in the matrix of pin flip-chip and network are incompatible.

This guide lists all the Pentium 4-M, Mobile Pentium 4, Pentium M, Core Solo, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo, Celeron chip and mobile Celeron M. marks are listed according to the base. Each entry is followed by its processor clock speed (MHz), L2 cache size (KB) and its front side bus speed (MHz). All processors included in a particular shot are mechanically compatible with the socket.

Intel released the successor to Clark Field quad-core processors and dual core processors Arrandale. They still bear the name, but was a 2 is set before the Modellnumer to the second generation. Sandy Bridge is an evolution of the Arrandale architecture. In addition to improvements especially the new 265-bit AVX instructions in the CPU and part of the improved turbo 2.0 are worth mentioning. Furthermore, now is the improved Intel, AES functions and an enhanced dual channel DDR3 memory controller integrated directly into the processor.

The CPUs run at relatively low clock speeds however, thanks to the turbo mode can over clock very strong up to top model. Depending on the utilization of the cores, power consumption and heat dissipation, the CPU automatically clocked faster. Thus the Core i7 combines the advantages of fast dual-core CPUs with single threaded applications such as old games and quad-core CPUs in multithreaded applications.

The Arrandale called core i3/i5/i7 dual-core models have two processor cores and are manufactured in 32nm. Thanks hyper threading and turbo boost (the more expensive models), the core CPUs are faster than the same clocked Core 2 Duo and therefore belong to the quad-core Core i7 to the fastest mobile CPUs. In addition, the processor package is a memory controller for DDR3 memory and Intel Graphics HD -called integrated graphics chipset. Thanks to the 32nm process, the Dual-Core Core models are very economical, but they can load in through the turbo-boost mode, the TDP rather than the Core 2 Duo predecessor. Beware of UM and LM versions, these are (ultra) low voltage versions of which have, despite the high number significantly poorer model performance. Therefore, the power consumption is also significantly lower.